Save the Date!
Connect, Create, Communicate: Public Legal Education and the Access to Justice Movement
October 20-21, 2016
LawConnect Ontario (a collaboration of CLEO and OJEN) and The Action Group on Access to Justice (TAG) will be hosting a conference in Toronto on October 20-21 about public legal education and information (PLEI) and access to justice. This conference is open to legal professionals, community workers, students, and other people working in access to justice and doing PLEI.
The program will explore topics such as:.
- Practical and strategic use of technology
- Cross-sector collaboration and innovative partnerships
- Public participation in finding access to justice solutions
- Advancements in public legal education and information
- Access to justice as a social movement
- Plain language communication
- PLEI needs assessments and evaluation
- Changing relationships between legal experts and the public
- Training and supporting "go-to" intermediaries
Connect, Create, Communicate is presented in association with CLEO's PLE Learning Exchange and the Public Legal Education Association of Canada, as part of The Action Group on Access to Justice's Access to Justice Week. A call for proposals will follow in the coming weeks. We will welcome proposals from all sectors.