COVID-19 in the United States and Its Relationship with Cardiovascular Disease
Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 12-1:00 p.m. ET
Sponsors: American Heart Association and CDC
This webinar will provide an update on the current status of COVID-19 in the United States and its relationship with cardiovascular disease. The session will be dialog driven and will feature public health and clinical insights.
- Dr. Eduardo Sanchez, MD, MPH, FAAFP, Chief Medical Officer for Prevention, American Heart Association
- Dr. John Brooks, MD, Chief Medical Officer, CDC’s COVID-19 Response, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Response
- Dr. Larry Sperling, MD, FACC, FACP, FAHA, FASPC, Executive Director of Million Hearts, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The current understanding of the implications of COVID-19 infection for individuals living with cardiovascular disease.
- COVID-19 and cardiovascular disease and health disparities: what the data may tell us.
- The importance of seeking care and treatment for acute cardiovascular disease events.