Hilary Maxwell, Karissa Barry; photo Yvonne Chew
Hello Returning + New Members,
As we announced on our website, Facebook and Instagram last week, we are instigating a number of emergency measures to help you and the dance sector during the COVID-19 crisis. As our 2020–21 membership year began April 1, these include a payment plan for membership fees, increased subsidies on international online drop-ins and a $250 Studio Renter's Relief Fund. To access any of the emergency measures outlined below and their respective programs, you need to renew your membership or apply to become a member before you submit for subsidy:
Membership Fee Emergency Measures
1) For renewing members from the most previous membership year, membership fees can be paid in installments:
before Apr 9: $10 (allows full access to programs)
August 1: $20
October 1: remaining $30/$40
- total cost dependent on your membership level
2) For new members, the fee is $40 initially and the remainder due by Oct 1. Please see Join & Renew for full info and application form.
Training Subsidy Emergency Measures
1) Given the current change in dance training, with studios being closed and $$$ maybe being tight, for the time being TSP will cover the entire cost of drop-in classes, up to $7/class. If you have receipts for classes that are more than $7, the usual $7 reimbursement per class still applies. For example, if you have a receipt for $17, you will still receive $7 back in reimbursement. If you have another receipt for $5, you will receive the full $5 back. We hope this encourages teachers to charge for their online classes :)
2) We are changing the guidelines to accept receipts for online training anywhere in the world. However, we can only reimburse in Canadian dollars ie if the receipt is for $5 USD, we can only reimburse $5 CAD. Best to try and have your receipts converted to CAD. Please note: credit card and and bank statements are not an acceptable form of receipts. Please see receipt requirements on the program page.
3) Class cards and memberships are still reimbursed at 50% of the total cost.
4) Workshops are still reimbursed at 50% of the total receipt up to your annual limit of $450-$550.
5) We are waiving the minimum monthly reimbursement.
6) We will be accepting receipts from February and March 2020 for the April 10 submission deadline.
The next deadline for TSP submissions is April 10, 2020. Please see the Training Subsidy Program page for submission form, deadlines and requirements.
Studio Subsidy Emergency Measures
1) We're modifying the SSP guidelines to reimburse for any studio rentals, not just for rentals for training initiatives. This will operate as a one-time Studio Renter's Relief of $250.
2) We'll accept applications to this program from April 10–30, so that people can pay studio rent on May 1. There's fear of people losing their studios right now, so this is what we're trying to address.
3) Supporting documents include receipts for rent payment, or if there is no receipt given by the landlord, then an email confirmation of funds transferred.
Please note: if you're part of a company/collective paying a single portion of shared rent for a studio, then you don't access this per individual company/collective member, but as one entity.
See the Studio Subsidy Program page for submission form, deadlines and requirements.
Childcare Subsidy Program
1) After a successful pilot run last year, we're excited to announce that the CSP program is returning this year. There are no emergency measures being enacted for this program, but we want you to know that it will be there to support you after the crisis passes.
These emergency changes to the subsidy programs are for a period of time only and we will reassess returning to normal whenever it looks like things are returning to normal.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
CADA/West and its Members, ensuring dance remains vital to our culture.
follow us on Instagram & Facebook
designed & built by Deanna Peters, CADA/West Communications Officer (Bang! Bang!)