Do you know enough about drugs and alcohol to be able to support your young people and get them into treatment. At Y-Smart we are very lucky to have an expert trainer Mr Simon De'ath. He will be taking more people onto his training courses. You need to complete the foundation course first and we cover an array of topics over two days. You really leave the training feeling like you have the narcotic knowledge of Pablo Escabar but without the feeling that Interpol are after you! We cover the following...
For those of you that have completed the Foundation training then you can book onto the Enhanced Substance Misuse Training.
- To understand the context of substance misuse and young people
- To explore reasons why some young people are more at risk of substance misuse
- To identify protective/vulnerability factors for YP’s substance misuse
- To explore drugs, their effects and legal classifications
- To raise awareness of the impact of parental substance misuse on young people
- To explore the cycle of change and basic strategies to support/encourage change
- To look at the ‘Tier’ system/confidentiality and competency to consent to treatment
- Information about local/national services to support Young People around substance misuse
- Using a screening tool to identify substance misuse
- Using case studies to consolidate learning.
If you haven't done this training take a look on the Training Page to see when you can come along.