Honor a Mother in Your Life and Restore Dignity
to Moms and Babies Who Need Help
April 19, 2016
Mitzvah Circle Foundation is out of size 5 and 6 diapers, the most commonly requested sizes.
We Need Your Help! What Can You Do?
- Make a donation and indicate it is in someone’s honor. We’ll send a certificate letting the special mom know that a donation was made to celebrate her on Mother’s Day. (Donations must be made by May 6th for a certificate to reach her by Mother’s Day)
- Organize a Diaper Drive at your school, business, church or community group. Contact us if you’d like collection boxes, information, flyers or brochures.
- Collect monetary donations so we can purchase diapers at greatly reduced rates.
Why are diapers so important?
- Babies living in poverty in the US get their diapers changed once a day, on average.
- 1 in 3 American families experience diaper need.
- Diapers cannot be obtained with food stamps.
- Disposable diapers cost $70 to $80 per month per baby.
- No state or federal child safety-net program allocates dollars specifically for the purchase of diapers.
- Without transportation, buying diapers at a convenience store rather than a large “big box” store can significantly increase the monthly cost of diapers
- Mitzvah Circle Foundation serves hundreds of medically fragile babies, who are exposed to many health risks if they spend too long in a soiled diaper.
- Most childcare centers, even free and subsidized facilities, require a day’s supply of disposable diapers.
- Cloth diapers are not accepted at the vast majority of child care centers, nor can they be washed at laundromats.
- Parents cannot go to work or school if they can’t leave their babies at child care.
Call or email us for more information, to volunteer, or to drop off a collection.
Contact Rachel at (267) 649-7610 or email@example.com
Our regular hours for donation drop-offs and volunteers are Monday – Thursday, 8:30-2:00 and Friday 9-12.
We are also open a couple Sundays a month, and in the evening for groups of volunteers, by appointment.
When you lend a hand to someone in need the life most changed may be your own.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Can you help? Please donate!
Want to see more of the good things we are doing? Take a look!