In addition to serving our mission to provide workspace, tools, and knowledge to local makers and artists, Port City Makerspace also supports local craftspeople and small business owners, some of whom depend on our programs for their livelihoods. Given the scale and flow of people working at the makerspace and the small size of gathered groups in our facility, we have decided to remain open with our normal schedule and continue to hold classes. We may adjust this state of operations as the situation evolves and we receive advice from local government and health organizations.
Please continue to read the information below about the precautions we will take and the requests we have for members and visitors to the space in the coming weeks:
- Please wash your hands with soap, frequently.
- We will be disinfecting commonly touched surfaces at the makerspace daily. Please help by pitching in and disinfecting the surfaces you touch at the end of your work session.
- Please maintain a safe social distance from others while working in the space; avoid personal contact like handshaking, hugging, touching other peoples phones. Disinfect tools before sharing them with others.
- If you are sick, or in close contact with a sick individual, please stay home.
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, or in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed, we strongly encourage you to self-report this to Alex, our general manager. We understand concerns for reasons of privacy; if you prefer, please feel free to ask your doctor to contact us anonymously on your behalf. We will make no record of your identity; only that an individual was working at the space at a particular date and time who was diagnosed with COVID-19, so the information can be shared with members to make informed decisions for themselves.
It is important that all members and visitors be informed and make decisions for themselves about how to protect their health. Please refer to guidance from these governmental and health organizations:
The Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
NH Dept of Health & Human Svcs: https://www.nh.gov/covid19/
Thank you for being a part of our community, and working with us to stay healthy and productive. If you have questions, please call us at 603-373-1002 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alex Nunn, General Manager &
The Port City Makerspace Board of Directors