Would This Be Considered "Brave or Stupid"?
26-year-old Arielle Bonnici was on her way to the Courthouse to answer a summons for marijuana possession when she cut off a police car as she pulled into the parking lot.
Police say Bonnici, who appeared to be on her cellphone at the time, drove into the area designated for police vehicles only and then parked in the spot reserved for the Chief of Police.
As officers approached her vehicle, Bonnici rolled down her window, and police were met with a cloud of marijuana smoke, authorities say. Officers also observed marijuana and a pipe containing marijuana in her possession, police say.
"At this point, the two officers said they started laughing. Besides cutting off a police car, on the cellphone, parking in the chief's parking spot, now she's smoking marijuana in the back of a courthouse and police station," says Northport Police Chief William Ricca.
She was issued a field appearance ticket in lieu of arrest for unlawful possession of marijuana and a traffic ticket for using her cellphone while driving. She was then directed inside the courtroom to be arraigned on the new charge and to answer the original charge.
So, what do you think? Was she brave or stupid to:
- Cut off a Police Officer...
- While talking on the phone behind the wheel...
- Parking in the private Police department parking lot...
- In the Chief of Police reserved spot...
- then Smoking pot in the car and
- Having an open drug pipe and marijuana in plain sight when an officer approached her car
- All while going to court for a prior marijuana charge.
People never cease to amaze me! But I guess that's a good thing because it makes for entertaining stories in the newsletter, at the very least. Be safe out there my friends!