3 More Days to Enroll in Oak Park's Green Energy Program
Oak Park residents have until May 8th to make a difference for people and the planet by choosing 100% renewable energy. As of May 5th approximately 1300 households (6%) had opted into the green energy option for aggregated electricity in Oak Park. Hooray! And Thank you!
But, Can We Beat the Odds?
Experts say that at most, only 5-10% of a population will actually take the action to opt-in when they must actively do something rather than go with the default option. Although the green energy option is starting with a huge disadvantage by not being the default option we believe Oak Park can do better and we are asking you to help accomplish that for the sake of future generations.
Here's what we can do to help us beat the odds:
- Oak Park, IL residents â€” to opt into 100% renewable (green) energy, please follow these easy instructions before May 8th: With just a quick call (5-10 min), you can select 100% renewable energy for your home. You'll need to have your ComEd account number ready, then just call 1.800.718.1493 and tell the Constellation Customer Service Rep that you want 100% renewable energy. If you have the letter from Constellation, with the "opt-out code" That is helpful but not required.
- Please help spread the word to others. People can't choose renewable energy if they don't know about it and some of us need reminders. Choose the methods that work for you to remind friends, neighbors and perfect strangers standing next to you in the grocery store! Here are a few ideas to make sharing simpler:
- Send Email, post on Facebook, or Tweet to your networks. Easiest: use the Share buttons on this email below.
- Walk your block and chat with your neighbors about it.
- Going to be at a book club meeting, school concert, sports event or other event where people will gather this week? -- Consider asking people if they have had the opportunity to enroll in the Green Energy Option.
- Try your own creative ideas about how to get the word out and let us know what works!
Together we can beat the odds and boost the percentage of residents who opt-in to green energy over the next 3 days !! Can we get 15%? 20%? Wouldn't it be amazing to get 25% or more?
Thank you for your help! And our children thank you, too!
More information about opting out of brown and into the green plan is available from the Village of Oak Park here.
Green Community Connections has created an information hub regarding the energy aggregation issue. Please visit the page here.