Free STEM Coursework Opportunities!
Through a grant from the Education Roundtable, the Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI) has brought together a group of private colleges and universities to offer STEM courses and workshops for K-12 teachers, including graduate courses that can lead to dual credit certification.
Teachers will have the opportunity to take courses and workshops free of charge, earn credits or PGPs, and receive a $400 completion award for each course or workshop successfully finished.
Visit STEMTeachIndiana.org to explore available offerings and apply today!
Register now for June PBL Events!
2014 Northern Indiana Project-Based Learning Summer Workshop
June 16-17, 2014
Plymouth High School, Plymouth, IN
The Northern Indiana PBL Summer Workshop offers differentiated learning about Project-Based Learning, meeting the needs of a diverse audience. Over two days, participants have the opportunity to:
1. Learn the basics in a PBL 101 session
2. Connect with other PBL practitioners
3. Experience protocols and strategies to implement in their own classroom
4. Attend need-based workshops around different PBL topics
2014 Project-Based Learning Institute
June 23-26, 2014
Chapel Hill 7th & 8th Grade Center, Indianapolis, IN
The PBL Institute immerses educators in a PBL experience by challenging them to create a rigorous and relevant PBL unit to implement in the upcoming school year. In content-specific rooms, PBL practitioners will work to facilitate teacher growth and understanding of PBL planning and implementation. Over four days, participants will:
1. Plan their own PBL unit with the support of facilitators and colleagues who teach similar content 2. and/ or grade levels*
3. Discuss of how PBL can make educators more effective and how that could be reflected in teacher evaluation
4. Network with PBL practitioners
5. Hear from students and administrators about PBL experiences
6. Learn about the process of becoming PBL certified in the State of Indiana