A Happy New Year to All
The Clyde Valley community are being urged to roll up their sleeves over the next couple of months and get behind a major clean up of Jock’s Burn in Carluke. CCI are facilitating several volunteer days which start on the 17th January. For details please go to events page on the Clyde and Avon Valley Landscape Partnership (CAVLP) website.
We are nearing the end of a 2 year contract to manage and develop the Forth Eco Project so it’s all hands on deck to spruce the place up and complete several outstanding jobs. One of the jobs taking place is the erection of a beautiful willow tunnel in the kids play area.
Another willow project coming up is with the Lanark Grammar School Group who are going to build a new willow tunnel at Castlebank Park.
Other CAVLP environmental tasks this month include:
· Clearing brash at the Cleghorn Roman Fort on 25th January.
· Monthly volunteering sessions at the Lesmahagow Allotments starting on Tuesday 31st January. Please check the CAVLP Events page for details.
· Monthly slots at Castlebank Park (with Lanark Development Trust).
· Monthly slots at Stonehouse Park (with Friends of Stonehouse Park).
· We have a day of hazel coppicing planned at one of South Lanarkshire Council’s local woodlands. We plan to use the hazel to build a keyhole bed for biodiversity in our educational area at Langloch farm.
Unfortunately our monthly conservation group with SLC at Maudslie Woods was cancelled this month because of the snow.
Please check the events page on the CAVLP website for details of volunteering opportunities in your area.
We will be running Employability Workshops, in partnership with LAMH World of Work, starting from Tuesday 17th January for 6 weeks here at Langloch Farm. Workshops will cover topics such as CV writing, interview techniques and how to fill out applications for employment or further education.
2017 is going to be an amazing year with a few special occasions at CCI. We have some significant staff birthdays, a couple of “firsts” planned in the way of events (more information on these to come very soon) and it is also 10 years in May since CCI was registered as an official company—what a long way we have come since then!
We will also be launching our Crowdfunding Project in partnership with Lanark Grammar in February and we are really excited about the prospect of having the commercial kitchen up and running later in the year.
We look forward to sharing a fantastic year with all our volunteers, supporters and staff.