Dialogues On Race
Our Dialogues On Race 8-week study is beginning soon. If you missed the sign-up or you planned to join us and haven’t received an e-mail with details, please reach out to Pastor Mike this week.
Together in Worship
For our Wednesday evening prayers on June 17th there were 6 households (approx. 11 people).
For Sunday's service on June 21st, we had 21 cars with 44 people and 18-28 (it’s unclear) that joined us live online. We hope you'll join us next week!
Commemoration of the Emanuel Nine and Pledge to Racial Justice
Five years ago, a young man who grew up in our own Lutheran denomination attended a Bible study at Mother Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, SC before he pulled out a weapon and murdered nine people who welcomed him in Christ's name. On this anniversary, the Lutheran church joins in a time of repentance, mourning and prayer as we remember these nine martyrs and renounce the sins of racism and white supremacy. Visit https://www.elca.org/EmanuelNine to witness the ELCA Prayer Service for Commemoration last week, learn about how the ELCA partners with other denominations and works for the end racism, find resources about racism, and commit yourself to learning about and challenging the racism that impacts all of us.
Online Prayer Breakfast -
The Fellowship of the Concerned, a voice for equity and social justice and a source of aid in the Liberty area for nearly sixty years, is sponsoring an online prayer breakfast Saturday, June 27, 9:00-10:00. Join to engage in prayer, guided conversation, and fellowship. The guest speaker for the event is the distinguished Dr. Jeremy Tucker, Superintendent of Liberty Public Schools. Today, many of us find ourselves adrift in a sea of turmoil, sadness, and frustration. We are overwhelmed by a rampaging virus, unrelenting racism, crippling unemployment, and desperate financial troubles. This has shaken our faith in the institutions intended to serve and protect us. However, there is hope. There is always hope! The ancients remind us in Genesis that the Creator brought form to the chaos of the void and called it “good.” God is here! The Spirit is moving in our families, in our community, in our nation and in the world. Please contact Bob Riggs at firstname.lastname@example.org to register and receive the Zoom code for the gathering.
A Community’s Conversation with God
Metro Lutheran Ministries Looking for Volunteers
MLM is currently looking for volunteers to help us help others in the KC community. If you are not in the Covid-19 vulnerable population and would love to help out, here is a list of things coming up at the 30th and Holmes location:
Please contact Rebecka at email@example.com for more information or to sign up.
- Pantry: every Monday-Friday 8:30am-11am; pre-packing food boxes to be handed out to clients in our pantry (if this time does not work for you, we can be flexible for this activity).
- Garden and Orchard: Time is flexible and great for a youth group.
- 2nd Saturday Produce Give Away: Join us on Saturday, July 11, 7:15am-10:30am as we hand out fresh produce to the community.
- Breakfast Sack Packing: Flexible, great for a youth group or to do at home!
In Our Prayers...
Please help us keep our prayers current.
To update or add a concern, contact Cathy
- Ryan Schmidt June 27
- Beth Schoening June 28
- Cali Rech June 29
- Bob LaSerre June 30
- Chris Heil, July 1
- Payton Rodick, July 1
- Laura Canuteson, July 5
- Beth Canuteson, July 5
Christian Sympathy to Family and Friends of:
- Don & Janet Baken June 27
- Eric & Holly Erickson June 29
- Dave & Linnea Caauwe July 1
- Irene Harris (Marjorie Yates mother-in-law) passed away on Monday, June 22 (6/23)
- Steven Bredensteiner (Charlynn Marshall’s father) passed away early Wednesday morning (6/17)
- Brian Speck (dear friend of Beth Schoening and her family) passed away this week (6/10)
- Christian Heady (11 yr old family member of Pam Schmidt’s) diagnosed with Desmoplastic Sarcoma (6/19)
- Peggy Miller, fell and broke her wrist (6/17)
- Fred Woody (brother-in-law to Don & Marie Summers) diagnosed with cancer ((5/30)
- Kari Rawley (friend of Beth Schoening) continued cancer treatments (5/27)
- Tracy (friend of Janice Carter) health issues (5/26)
- Judy (friend of Janice Carter) fell on her head and has been unresponsive since she fell (5/26)
- Carol Barnett (friend of Donna & Harold Mason) In recovery form heart transplant surgery. Prayers also for the donor’s family (5/26)
- Amy, going through a fourth round of radiation (5/26)
- Christopher Jennings personal struggles (5/26)
- Elijah (Brad & Mary Kunkel’s great-nephew), improving and growing stronger but still in NICU (5/27)
- Leona Schaefer (friend of the Ahrens) finished third chemo round, awaiting further testing (5/27)
- Crewe (Harish's great grandson) in the NICU with serious health concerns (2/18)
- Kim Berry ongoing heart and back issues (10/16)
- Janet Baken - receiving care at Ashton Court
- Rose Harris - (Cheryl Jennings mother) care at Liberty Health & Wellness
- Adam Goins - serving in Coast Guard
- Ryan Jackson - active military
- Adam Morehouse - active military
- Sam Matula - active military
- Grey Tucker - Army National Guard
- Nathan Wilkerson - serving in Army