SAFE joining Odd Fellows for SUD Forum
On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 7 p.m., the SAFE Coalition is teaming up with the Franklin Odd Fellows to present a forum on substance use disorders in our community. The forum will take place at the Dean College Campus Center, Atrium, on Emmons Street in Franklin.
State Representative Jeffrey N. Roy and SAFE President Jim Derick will lead the talk. This event is being hosted to continue our series of community conversations and to increase awareness.
The topics for discussion include:
- How did we get here? A discussion on the history of the Opioid epidemic, nationally and locally.
- Public Health Epidemic â€“ Discuss current trends in substance use disorders. Just how bad is the problem and how is it impacting our communities?
- Faces of the Epidemic â€“ Hear from a person in long term recovery into and out of active addiction.
- What defines a substance use disorder? What triggers addiction? How does a person recover from his or her disease?
- Responding to the Epidemic â€“ How has the federal and state government responded and how are community agencies responding? What role do community coalitions play?
- How do citizens become involved in helping communities heal and in promoting change?
- Q & A: Engage audience members in the discussion.
Please click here to see the Milford Daily News report on this event. For more information about this event and the S.A.F.E. Coalition please â€œLikeâ€ us on Facebook and visit our website www.safecoalitionma.com.