The Corvallis-Sister Cities Association
wishes you and your family
the best in 2017!!
To our friends in Ethiopia, "Enkutatash everyone!"
This is the word for "new year" in Ethiopia. The Ethiopian New Year was celebrated on September 11th in 2016 and will also be observed on September 11th in 2017.
Did you hear about our new project?
We are supporting the construction of a kindergarten in our sister city.
Can you help us?
All donations are tax deductible. Donations received by 12:00 pm., December 31st are eligible for a 2016 tax deduction.
Many rural villages (called kebeles) in Ethiopia do not have kindergartens. However, Saina Sabia is a very progressive and forward-thinking kebele. Recognizing the value of early childhood education, the kebele leadership took the initiative to explore how we, CSCA, might propose that we work together to build a kindergarten in the village.
CSCA requests your help to support the people of Saina Sabia as they work to achieve their dream of a new kindergarten.
• The new kindergarten will serve over 100 children.
• The Saina Sabia kebele has already cleared a site for the kindergarten.
• The kebele's parent/teacher association will be involved in the design.
• The kebele will provide furnishings for the kindergarten.
• The kebele will hire qualified preschool teachers.
• Creation of an on-going relationship between students in Saina Sabia and students in Corvallis is planned as part of this effort.
Our goal is to contribute $10,000 to the project. This amount will cover most of the design and construction costs. 100% of all contributions will support this project and donations are tax-deductible.
Help us build the very first Kindergarten in the Saina Sabia Kebele!