We are so thankful for all of you and what you have meant to PAL. Below are some highlights for November/ December and what is coming.
1) Our "Celebrate Hope" Dinner Event was November 7th. For the nearly 200 people that attended, we had an incredible evening of food, memories and honoring Mike Speakman. Due to many generous donations this was also a milestone for PAL as we kicked off our non-profit organization with friends and family. Now we can't wait until next year! Hopefully you saw some of the photos we posted on Facebook!
2) At the Celebrate Hope event, we introduced our PAL video. If you have not seen the new PAL 5 minute video - you are missing out! - please click here.
3) PAL continues to grow - On December 9th a new PAL group opens in Surprise, AZ at West Valley Bible Church; Facilitated by Jerry and Paula Pena, this meeting will meet at 7 PM at13939 W Grand Ave, Surprise, AZ 85374.
We also have a new meeting starting in Toledo, Ohio the first week of January, stay tuned for more information. New meetings are being discussed for New Jersey, New York, Tennessee and California!
A new meeting started this last month inLawrenceburg, Kentucky. Check out the photos on Facebook, as this group was part of the Christmas Parade and carried the PAL Banner!
4) A New PAL special events Calendar will now be on the palgroup.org website to announce special meetings and closures. Check this out regularly to find meetings with special events and guest speakers and showing of videos etc. Click here. This will be updated regularly. For example, this month on Dec. 7th, the Ahwatukee PAL meeting will be showing a video, "Hope and Healing." The Glendale group will be showing "Pleasure Unwoven" on Dec. 15th along with the Mesa meeting showing this video on the 17th. Calvary will have guest speakers on the 10th and 17th. As you can see - if you are interested in special events this is the place to find them!
5) There are only 18 days of shopping before Christmas! Which also means there are only 25 days left in 2015 to donate to PAL and receive a 2015 tax deduction. Please consider PAL in your year end giving as this will help us continue to expand our reach. Donate Here
6) Lastly, the holidays can be a special time for families, but as many PAL parents know this can be an extraordinarily difficult time as well when loved ones are caught up in their addiction. Sometimes parents stop going to PAL once their loved one is better, thinking they don't need to attend. Would you please consider that when you attend a meeting it may be to bring hope to others. Please consider attending a PAL meeting this month and supporting those parents that are struggling during this time of year and remind them that they are not alone.
(On behalf of the PAL board)
Our Mission: PAL provides hope, through education and support, to parents of addicted loved ones. Our Vision: Make PAL meetings available to all parents of addicted loved ones.