There is much going on with PAL these past couple of months!
I will try to keep it short and stick to the highlights:
1) I know you have heard about it, but have you bought your tickets? We are less than 3 weeks away from this very special event. Our "Celebrate Hope" Dinner Event is November 7th. You won’t want to miss this truly special occasion as we honor PAL Founder, Mike Speakman, and we Celebrate Hope! Please extend this invitation to those who support you and those you’d like to introduce to PAL, everyone is welcome! Tickets may be purchased online by clicking here, to view the invitationclick here.Tickets are $50 for individuals and $80 for couples, tickets are considered a tax-deductible donation to PAL. For questions or assistance please call: 480-300-4712.
2) PAL goes to Washington DC! The weekend of October 3, in Washington DC, history was made. On Saturday at the “Fed Up” rally, five of the Indy Pal group and four of the Kentucky PAL group, met with 6,000 other Moms, Dad’s, people in recovery and different organizations from around the country. They marched to the White House chanting," Not One More, We Are Fed Up, FDA How About Saving Our Kids Today!" They marched to take a stand for those who are active in their addiction, those in recovery and those lives lost. They marched to break the stigma. They were proud to wear their PAL t-shirts as they walked. Check out the photos on Facebook.
3) In Arizona, PAL volunteers were a part of a first ever event in Chandler Arizona where the local authorities held an event to bring together organizations dealing with addiction and mental health issues. We had a booth and handed out fliers and spoke to many people about PAL.
4)PAL was invited to the Governor's office kick off, Red Ribbon week to be held on October 22, . We will be there for the Governor's speech on addiction issues in Arizona and will have a booth with fliers and information about PAL. Please come out and support PAL and raise awareness about the issue of addiction. The event takes place on the state capital senate lawn (17Ave, between Washington and Jefferson in Phoenix) between 8:30 AM to 11:30AM.
5) We continue to expand our reach. PAL is in six states now, with another meeting opening soon in Montana, along with several new meetings opening in the Phoenix area and Tempe as well as the second meeting opening this month in Tucson. Another meeting is also about to start in Kentucky! More meetings are being planned for Tennessee, Ohio and New York. Watch the website at palgroup.org for details - more to come on that soon.
6) Lastly, PAL has partnered with Amazon and Fry's Foods. Again this does not cost anything and only takes a few minutes to sign up. Click here to see the attached flier for details. On the file, you will see that we have now partnered with Amazon Smile and we receive a donation from Amazon for every purchase you make if you start your purchase at smile.amazon.com rather than at Amazon,com - again this is at no cost to you - please check out the flier, it is easy and helps PAL!!!
(On behalf of the PAL board)
Our Mission: PAL provides hope, through education and support, to parents of addicted loved ones. Our Vision: Make PAL meetings available to all parents of addicted loved ones.