Dear <<First Name>>
We have been approached by a tour company to help them fill some fixtures for some interesting touring teams below.
Can you please let me know asap if you would be interested in any of these slots: -
Milnerton High School - South Africa
15-17 YEARS Boys CRICKET
1 game either 40 overs / T20 needed on either:
- 21st June 2019 – After 1300 hours
- 22nd June 2019 – any time
Kent Street - AUS
15-18 YEARS (2 teams) Boys & 2 female players
1/2 games needed
Current WA State School Champions (Our entire first team is attending the trip)
We won an interstate tournament against other state schools from each state.
In a nutshell our first team is one of the best school teams in the country.
- 27th June – the group will be travelling overnight from Holland and will arrive 27th but are happy to play if we can get a fixture.
- 28th June – 1st team fixture (high level)
- 30th June – Morning T20
Penleigh & Essendon - AUS
15-17 YEARS Boys - 50 OVER GAMES
1 game either 40 overs / T20 needed
- 9th July – travelling from Bath to London but can play a match
- 10th July- After 1pm
Bunbury Cathedral Grammar - AUS
13-17 Years (2 TEAMS u14 & u17) boys
2 fixtures needed per team.
In the teachers own words:
Basically our two teams will be an U17 team (4 x 17, 1, 16, rest 15) and the second team will be an U15 team (mainly 13 and 14 years old).
The first team will be a reasonable quality but not a representative level whereas the younger team will be a real mix of younger reasonable players and some weaker players. They would be suited against an u13-14 team.
My goal is to have two games played each fixture as much as possible as we have 20 players. I would like each team to play around 7 fixtures so if there are days when we cant play two matches on the same day then perhaps we can add a couple of extra days in so both the teams have this amount of games.
- 17th July – Arriving from Nuneaton
- 18th July - any time
- 19th July – After 1pm
- 20th July - any time
- 21st July - any time
I look forward to hearing from you.
FRIENDLY/TOURING TEAM REQUESTS & FESTIVALS
Effingham U9s are looking for friendlies for their newly formed team. Please contact Andrew Ingham firstname.lastname@example.org.
Albury U11s (have a number of gaps in their fixture list in July and are looking for friendlies. Available Dates: - Sunday 7th July (away), Sunday 14th July 10am (Albury can host), Sunday 21st July (away). Please contact Mike Webb email@example.com 07799 252529
Guildford U14s are looking for a friendly fixture on Sunday 26th May. Please contact Alistair Brew Alistair.Brew@bgf.co.uk 07557 747295.
Claygate CC have a first year under 10/11 girls team looking for friendlies against similar level girls teams and can host on some Friday nights/Sunday mornings. Please contact Mike Cross mCross@elliottadvisors.co.uk.
Ham and Petersham CC are keen to find fixtures either home on Ham Common or away for its U8s, U9s and U10s Contact Geoff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thames Ditton U9s looking for friendlies. Please contact Mark Dence email@example.com.
Normandy U11 are looking for a friendly on Sunday May 19th. Flexible as to standard and format. Please contact Tom Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07827 351609
Ashtead U8s are looking for friendlies. Please contact Nathalie Bishop or call on 07810 651367
Hampton Wick Royal U12 Development are looking for pairs friendlies and can host. Please email Jon Pickles or call on
Frimley U14 Development team are looking for friendlies. Please email Martin Minnaar.
Weybridge U15Bs are looking for friendly fixtures. Please email Keith Jones.
Thames Ditton U8s are looking for friendly fixtures across the season. Please email Jilesh.
G-Force Academy from Dubai are looking for fixtures in the summer at their Epsom College base. They have under 11, 13 and 15 fixtures midweek on 5th July-4th August. Email to book a friendly.
MANAGERS' WEEKLY CHECK LIST
- What are my games in the next 7 days?
- If none, could I arrange a friendly (see list below)?
- Have I emailed the opposition managers to confirm the fixture, venue and start time?
- If there are home games, have I confirmed the pitch is available and booked?
- If there are away game, do I have the address and postcode of the grounds as it may not be their "main" grounds?
- Do I have a team?
- Do I have a reserve in case of last minute drop outs?
- Have I told them the correct venue and meet time?
- Who is going to umpire?
- Who is going to score? Do we have a scorebook/electronic scoring device all set up ready to go?
- Do I have all the rules to hand just in case I need to refer to them?
- Do I have my equipment bag?
- Do I have a first aid kit?
- If I'm at home do I have my scoreboard, stumps & bails?
- Have I organised food & drinks for players?
- Have I correctly uploaded the results of games in the last 7 days to Play-Cricket remembering to add the number of overs bowled for both teams?