Problem: In some cases clinical advice to GPs made in response to an eReferral has not been sent immediately owing to a technical issue (when the clinical note from the grading clinician is greater than 1024 characters). The original referral and outcome of the grading is still visible to Hospital clinicians and DHB workflow has not been compromised. If the referral is graded and resulted in a waitlist appointment these processes remain unaffected.
The time frame for affected referrals is between 11 March 2019 and 30 March 2019.
Impact: GP and Community referrers may receive grading notifications today or tomorrow with advice that may be up to 30 days old.
Who to contact:
- Manual reprocessing of the March messages was completed on the 8th April 2019
- Manual reprocessing of the April messages will be completed on the 9th April 2019
- A technical fix is now being tested and will be implemented as soon as possible
- In the interim any further failed referral messages to GPs made via the eReferral system will be monitored and reprocessed immediately to ensure it is delivered to the primary referrer
- Each DHB Clinical Lead for eReferrals will receive a list of the manually reprocessed referrals which includes the EDI Account (GP practice), NHI, originating DHB, and date/time. They will review and judge the clinical impact of the delay. If required, the DHB Clinical Lead will make contact directly with primary refers and secondary consultants to discuss each cases on an individual basis
Should any referrer have questions relating to a specific patient where a delayed notification has been received please contact either:
DHB Clinical Lead:
ADHB: Elizabeth Stallworthy EStallworthy@adhb.govt.nz
CMH: Tina Sun Tina.Sun@middlemore.co.nz
WDHB: Lara Hopley email@example.com
DHB GP Liaison
ADHB: Jim Kreichbaum (Adults) JimK@adhb.govt.nz or Barnett Bond for Paediatrics: BarnettB@adhb.govt.nz
CMH: Helen Liley: Helen.Liley@middlemore.co.nz
WDHB: Kim Bannister: Kim.Bannister@waitematadhb.govt.nz
For all other queries please contact the CareConnect Service Centre on 0800 268 626
We apologise for this inconvenience, and please be assured that this is being addressed as a Priority.