Due to widening concern relating to the ongoing spread of the Coronavirus, Columbia Economic Development (CEDC) is implementing a number of interim steps designed to keep its staff, clients and members of the public safe.
Starting Monday, March 16th:
- CEDC will suspend in-person meetings and instead, conduct meetings via teleconference, video conference or telephone.
- CEDC will not be accepting walk-in visitors.
We welcome all of you to call or email us, as well as visit our website at www.columbiaedc.com.
In addition, Governor Cuomo has issued an Executive Order suspending the following law governing the attendance of meetings by conference call or video-conferencing:
- Article 7 of the Public Officers Law, to the extend necessary to permit any public body to meet and take such actions authorized by the law without permitting in public in-person access to meetings and authorizing such meetings to be held remotely by conference call or similar service, provided that the public has the ability to view or listen to such proceeding and that such meetings are recorded and later transcribed.
As such, the following upcoming organization meetings will be held by teleconference:
- Columbia Economic Development Corporation (CEDC)
- Columbia County Industrial Development Agency (CCIDA)
- Columbia County Capital Resource Corporation (CCCRC)
- City of Hudson Industrial Development Agency (HIDA)
A call in number for the meetings will be posted to enable public participation and the meetings will be recorded, transcribed and posted on the respective website of each organization. We encourage the public to listen to these recordings online and contact us if you have questions or public comment.
These decisions have been informed by the recommendations of public health experts and elected officials who are all working to mitigate the spread of this virus.
We will continue to closely monitor this situation, re-evaluate our approach and keep you informed going forward. We aim to continue to be as responsive as possible during this period and to continue to work, focusing on a variety of projects, loan applications and programs while recognizing that the main focus should - and will - be on combating COVID-19.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Please feel free to contact us at 518.828.4718 or email@example.com with any questions you might have regarding any of our initiatives, projects or programs.
The CEDC Staff is wishing you good health and sending you best wishes during COVID-19.
Columbia Economic Development Corporation (CEDC), the lead economic development organization for Columbia County, is committed to strengthening the county's tax base through economic development and job creation while maintaining the quality of life so desired by the people who live and work here. For more information about CEDC please visit our website at www.columbiaedc.com.