Sylvan Lake Newsbyte
Pit bull terriers are limited to only those existing (prior to the ordinance October 1, 2010) licensed dogs. Copies of the ordinance are available at City Hall or Pit Bull Ordinance
While walking your dog
- When off their private property, dogs are to be under reasonable control of their walker, held securely by a leash of suitable strength, not to exceed six feet in length.
- Dogs are not to be off their leash at any time.
- While walking your dog you must pick up after them.
- Dogs are not allowed to be tied up in the park.
- Dogs are not allowed in any park areas, with two exceptions.
Dogs are allowed in the following areas only;
(1) Lakeview Park from Pontiac Drive to Cheltingham (NOT within the beach area)
(2) Community Center Park east of Pontiac Drive (Not on the lake side of Pontiac Drive)
Dogs are strictly prohibited and shall not be allowed in any of the following park areas.
(1) Ferndale Park
(2) Community Center Park west of Pontiac Drive
(3) Lakeview Beach area; and Memorial Park
Any dog found in a prohibited area, shall make the owner subject to a citation and/or immediate impoundment of the dog.