|San Luis Obispo, Calif. (March 16, 2020) –
The San Luis Obispo Council of Governments (SLOCOG) joins local, state, national, and global efforts to curtail the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) by implementing new measures to help strengthen our local response to the outbreak.
To continue delivering on SLOCOG’s mission to keep the San Luis Obispo region moving—and to ensure the health of SLOCOG’s employees, their families, and the public—SLOCOG is undertaking the following actions to prevent the spread of this virus and support public health:
- SLOCOG has closed its offices to the public until further notice, with exception:
- By Appointment Only: Dial (805) 781-4219 to make an appointment.
- For Listed Public Meetings: While Board members and advisory committee members have been provided teleconference information for meetings, SLOCOG will continue to offer space for members of the public to provide comment during meetings. SLOCOG encourages the public to watch Board meetings via SLO-SPAN.
- SLOCOG encourages employees to work from home.
- SLOCOG suspends all business-related travel through the end of March.
To reach SLOCOG staff in the weeks ahead, the public is asked to call the general number at (805) 781-4219 or contact SLOCOG’s Public Information Officer at email@example.com
or (805) 781-4462. Other department numbers are listed below.
- Executive Office: (805) 781-4292
- Administration: (805) 781-4392
- Planning: (805) 788-2002
- Programming: (805) 781-5754
These measures are precautionary and temporary, and more changes are possible in the days ahead. For the latest public updates and notifications, please visit www.ReadySLO.org
and follow the links provided.