Hello from the Stevens!
Here's how you can pray in September:
1. Our new Gap-Year students arrived this past weekend! Please pray for Darin as he leads the students this week on a trekking trip through the Lake District. It's an important week for the group to bond well, to work through initial conflict and to prepare their hearts to tune into God in the year ahead.
Darin will also be continuing to train Meghan and Claire to lead the GreenHouse programme so that we can expand the number of students we train in the near future.
2. Our girls started school last week. Ella is in year 6 (5th Grade) and Kiera is in year 4 (3rd Grade). Ella just got chosen to be on the Student Council and Kiera is hoping she gets to serve on the Eco Council this year. They both are continuing in piano lessons and will participate in Mary Poppins through their dance and drama group on Saturdays. Pray for us as we have until the end of October to decide which secondary school to send Ella to. Pray especially that Ella would hear from God as to what school he wants her to be a LIGHT in.
3. Please pray from 14-18th of September when we will host our first training conference of the academic year. We have 5 new students in year one of the degree programme- we will make sure to introduce you to them as soon as we can so that you can begin to pray for them.
4. Lastly, we need prayer as we lay the foundation to start a new youth club in Bicester for children in Years 6-9. The Moveolution team that served with us this summer (see below) helped us form a new group of middle-school aged children and we are in the process of seeking leadership and facilities for that club. Facilities are extremely limited in our town. Please pray today and tomorrow as we seek favour from the local schools to hold this club in their gymnasium.
Our last update was in June. If you've got time to read more, here's a quick recap of all God's done in the last 3 months:
-June 22-26. Was our last training conference of the academic year. Through the generosity of one of our supporting churches we were able to bring in not only our current students, but our key alumni as well. We will all spent the week considering "Movements that change the world". Click here to watch a video that one of our students made of that week.
- July 4-6. We were away with our local teenagers on a retreat. We took 4 Christian teens and 7 non-Christian teens. Our young Christian teens lead the retreat- which wasn't easy because all of the rest of the participants were not yet Christians. Click here to read about how our young teenage leaders are being equipped.
- July 25- Aug 1. Moveolution Bicester kicked off at the end of July. We welcomed the youth group from one of our partner churches, Spring Creek Church, as well as teens from our region for a week of mission to teenagers in Bicester. It was an amazing week of ministry. We saw a couple of young people make decisions for Christ and 32 young people being equipped for relational evangelism. Click on the picture below to read a short report from the week of ministry.