This year, we are partnering with PACES to raise awareness on the role of sports in the well-being, mental health and growth of children in Gaza. Our 51 cyclists will travel 240km from Gaustablikk to Oslo to raise Â£250,000, which will be used to develop vital sports programs for Palestinian boys and girls.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LIVE CYCLE UPDATES!
2016 Project Snapshot:
- Support 28 female and male coaches
- Support field staff members and programs communication
- Provide development sessions through sportive activities to 700 children in Gaza
- Provide uniforms and equipment for 700 children and their coaches; which are bought locally to support the local economy
- Civic and social activities that includes health, hygiene, environmental and educational awareness sessions and fun activities for the children
- Coaches capacity building workshops, parents public meetings and other activities with the sports centers and clubs
- Support one team of boys/girls from PACES children in Gaza to participate in the 2016 Norway Cup
PACES is a non-profit UK based organization that aims to provide healthy, structured after-school programs for Palestinian children by offering them opportunities to play sports, flourish and grow in nurturing sanctuaries away from the war environment. Through sports, PACES hopes to empower boys and girls to become good and active citizens.