Harmony in the Kitchen
Here is a tried-and-true recipe for pumpkin muffins shared by violinist Marilyn d'Auteuil, just in time for Thanksgiving! She originally found the recipe here. Enjoy!
1¾ cup flour
½ cup white sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp ground ginger
1 cup pureed pumpkin
2 tsp vanilla
½ cup Silk Original Almond Milk
½ cup olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine the flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ground ginger in a medium-sized bowl. Mix thoroughly, then stir in the pureed pumpkin, vanilla, almond milk, and olive oil.
3. Line a muffin tin and fill each ⅔ of the way full. If desired, top with your nuts of choice and sprinkle a ½ tsp of brown sugar on top of each muffin.
4. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If your nuts begin to get a little too toasty, cover lightly with aluminum foil.
5. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup!