MEGANS BEEN UPSKILLED!
Megan has recently been in Australia at ABRI undertaking further HerdMASTER support training which has seen her graduate to a Level 2 Support Role (the same as predecessor, Linda Shailer). Megan spent 3 days with the HM4 experts, Damien Holley and Cory Wilson, understanding the easy to use, on-farm herd management tools and reporting functions the programme has to offer. Megan is now the primary point of contact for all New Zealand HerdMASTER 4 users.
Here are some helpful tips that Megan learnt during her time in Australia…
- Antivirus software can be the common cause of many issues with the HerdMASTER programme. Please check the ‘quarantine’ or ‘exceptions’ areas in your Antivirus software if experiencing problems, as the software may have blocked/quarantined some of your HM4 files.
- There is a reminders function available in the programme which can be used/utilised to help you remember those important dates such as when the ‘girls’ are due for pregnancy testing!
- AI sires (already registered in NZ) can be loaded into HM4 by importing the latest Association/Society sire summary file and selecting the relevant sire/s. This then loads the sire/s details without having to enter them manually.
- HM4 includes an invoicing feature/function, which is very user-friendly and can be set-up to include your own logo on each invoice.
- When entering calves, if the calf died at birth then enter the ‘no. in birth’ as 0 (zero) and the system will fate it as dead automatically.
A variety of regularly updated tipsheets are available to assist you with the functions above as well as so much more. Check them out here