Yolanda Vazquez talks with Marilyn Balcombe
, President & CEO for the Gaithersburg – Germantown Chamber of Commerce recently. They discussed the upcoming Annual Celebration Dinner and Scholarship Awards. The Chamber's Annual Celebration Dinner & Awards Ceremony
is THIS THURSDAY December 8. We hope you will join us. Purchase
tickets to this event.
Check out the Comcast Newsmakers
Cost: Free, advance registration required
Where: National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence, 9700 Great Seneca Highway, Rockville
Last Chance to Register is Today, Dec. 5
All Table Names are Due by 5 PM Today!
Thursday, December 8
Annual Celebration Dinner & Awards Ceremony
$125 per person / Sponsorship's Varying Levels Available
: Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, 2 Montgomery Village Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Cost: No Charge, Advance Registration Required
Where: Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union - Conference Room, 12820 Wisteria Drive, Germantown
Cost: $10 donation to Girls on the Run
Where: Ted's Montana Grill, 105 Ellington Boulevard, Gaithersburg
Wegmans Food Markets, Scheer Partners, Inc., DuClaw Brewing Co.
GGCC MEMBERS: FREE (incl. in membership); NON-MEMBERS: Pay $40
: GGCC, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N (North Building), Gaithersburg
Cost: Free for All. Advance registration requested.
Where: Seneca Creek Community Church, 13 Firstfield Road, Suite 100, Gaithersburg
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
With the holiday season before us, there is no doubt we are all thinking about shopping and the gifts we want to buy for the people in our lives. With our busy schedules and holiday parties, it’s easy to consider turning to the internet to get your shopping done. But that type of shopping often has consequences on your community. This holiday season, we encourage you to shop local
. Not only does this support your local businesses, but it has profound rewards for your community.
We're passionate about shopping local because investing in local business
is good for our regional economy. The many business owners in our region who work hard to keep their doors open, create jobs, and fill needs in our community deserve our business.
To help you get started, why not look to your fellow Chamber Members
for a product or service. Or check out our Restaurant Guide
, many of the restaurants listed have special perks when purchase gift cards - they make great stocking stuffers or a gift for one of the eight days of Hanukkah.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy local
and that is kind of the same thing!
The GGCC follows the same policy as the Montgomery County Public Schools.
The policy is as follow:
- When the County Schools are closed or there is a two-hour delay, all GGCC morning events and committee meetings are cancelled.
- Any afternoon events or committee meetings will be decided upon by 8:00 am.
- All evening events or committee meetings, will be decided upon by Noon.
- Please note there are times that an event may be held or cancelled due to the sponsoring company’s policies and/or the discretion of the GGCC.
We will keep everyone apprised via our website and social media outlets if possible and as soon as we can. Thank you.
The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce
invites members of the chamber and the community to experience the true Italy
Culture October 23, 2017
Learn more about this AWESOME trip
, click here
- Congratulations Maryland! Maryland is ranked the fourth most charitable state according to finance website WalletHub. Read more, click here.
- Congrats Gaithersburg, Maryland, the most diverse city in the whole country! Read more, click here.
- Join the Peterson Companies on Saturday, December 10th from 2-4:00 pm at the Rio Washingtonian for family fun and seasonal festivities. Enjoy free horse and carriage rides, musical performances, and visits with Mrs. Claus at The Carousel presented by Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center. Details, click here.
- The 21st season of the City of Gaithersburg’s Winter Lights Festival at Seneca Creek State Park. 11950 Clopper Road, is open nightly through December 31. In the spirit of the holidays, a portion of the admission proceeds supports local non-profit's. One of those non-profit's is Rebuilding Together Montgomery County, an organization that helps prevent homelessness, preserves affordable housing, and provides safe and independent living for those members of the community who are most in need. Just another great example of GGCC Members working together!
- It's a Winter Wonderland at Bruster's Ice Cream with their latest flavors Gingerbread Man, Eggnog & Peppermint Stick, Plus they have plenty of special offers on their gift cards; they make great stocking stuffers for your favorite ice cream lovers. Bruster's is located at 18519 N Frederick Avenue in Gaithersburg,
- Downtown Crown warms the holidays with Fire & Ice holiday event on Thursday, December 15 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm at Crown Park. Fire & Ice is a free event open to the public & includes events: live ice sculpting; haute chocolate bar; S'mores stations & live music, giveaways and more.