Monday, May 4 - Friday, May 8
National Small Business Week
About:As part of National Small Business Week, the U.S. Small Business Administration & the GGCC takes the opportunity to highlight the impact of outstanding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and others from all 50 states and U.S. territories.
: In Your Neighborhood!
Wednesday, May 6
Networking Picnic & 3-Year YPG Celebration
Cost:: $25, GGCC Members / $35,Non-Members ALL ARE INVITED!!
Smokey Glen Farm, 16407 Riffle Ford Road, Gaithersburg
Red Brick Courthouse, 2nd Floor, 29 Courthouse Square, Rockville
Thursday, May 21
12th Annual Wine Tasting
Cost:: Tickets are $35 for GGCC Members & First-Time Visitors;$65 for Returning Non-Members
Where: Kentlands Mansion, 320 Kent Square Road, Gaithersburg
Wednesday, May 27
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
Business Networking Before Nine
Cost:: Free for GGCC Member and First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members Pay $40
Launch Workplaces, 9841 Washingtonian Blvd., Gaithersburg
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Lerch, Early, Brewer Chartered attorneys who were recently recognized at the annual Law Day Celebration. The Bar Association of Montgomery County recently announced litigator Lauri Cleary as its president-elect. And several Lerch Early attorneys received award recognition during the 21st Annual Meeting & Law Day Celebration. Those who received awards during the luncheon included: Litigator Mike Goecke, who received the President's Citation for Outstanding Pro Bono Service; Divorce attorney Deborah Webb, who was presented the Family Law Practitioner of the Year award, which recognizes a leader in the bar's Family Law Section and Family law attorney Chris Roberts, who was named Section Chair of the Year for his work as chair of the Family Law Section. For more, click here.
- CONGRATS Pepco! The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency recognized Pepco as a 2015 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year winner for outstanding contributions to reducing greenhouse gas emissions by delivering energy efficiency programs, information and services to its customers. Pepco was honored for its entire suite of Demand Side Management Residential and Commercial and Industrial energy efficiency programs for our Maryland customers. These programs also support the EmPOWER Maryland initiative.
- More than 1,000 pictures showed a day in the life of Montgomery County as a part of Montgomery Community Media's (MCM) "Day in a Life" on April 22nd. You can check out all the photos by clicking here. See if you can you spot ours? Or any other GGCC Members? Bet you will!
- The Montgomery Village and Gaithersburg Rotary Clubs will place 750 large American flags on the lawn at Bohrer Park over Memorial Day weekend. The flags will celebrate those who help keep us safe. Individuals and companies can sponsor individual flags or be sponsors of the event. A medallion attached to each flag will bear their name of the sponsor and the person being honored. After the event, the sponsors may keep their medallions. More information is on the website, at www.FlagsForOurHeroes.org.
- The Upcounty Community Resources, Inc. is excited to announce that Jenn Lynn is the new UCR Executive Director. Welcome Jenn. To learn more about her, click here.
- Cartridge on Wheels, a past winner of the GGCC Small Business of the Year, is looking to hire one or more sales reps. Outside B2B sales. Sales experience desired but not essential. Customer service attitude is vital. Contact Bruce Kanner at email@example.com.
- Adventist HealthCare LifeWork Strategies is now offering free monthly webinars designed to increase your overall health and well being. Take this opportunity to enjoy a variety of topics from managing stress to disease prevention and much more. To learn more about the series, click here.
- On Saturday, May 2 the Gaithersburg Police Department and other allied law enforcement agencies will give residents an opportunity to prevent prescription drug abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused and unwanted prescription drugs. Bring your unused medications for disposal to the Gaithersburg Police Station located at 14 Fulks Corner Avenue between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. No liquids or syringes will be accepted. The service is free, anonymous, and there will be no questions asked.
- Seneca Creek Community Church invites GGCC Members to the upcoming Leadercast 2015 on Friday, May 8, 9:00 am- 4:30 pm with doors opening at 8:30 am for registration. The Leadercast event is broadcast LIVE from Atlanta, GA. Some of this year’s speakers include: Rudy Giuliani - 107th Mayor of New York City; Ed Catmull - President of Pixar & Disney Animation Studios & CMDR Rorke Denver - Navy SEAL Commander & Author.More information: 301-355-6550 X 200 or leadercast.com/location/senecacreek.
- The 50+ Employment Expo: Retool, Recharge, Reinvent will be held on Monday, June 1 from 10:00 am–3:00 pm at the Marriott Bethesda North Hotel and Conference Center, 5701 Marinelli Road, Bethesda. Recruiters from dozens of employers, including non-profits, government, healthcare, retail, technology and more. To present or for more information or accommodations, e-mail mgordon@AccessJCA.org or 301-255-4209.
- GGCC Members Ben Piper and Brandon Shapiro of Commonwealth Consulting Group; Javelle Lane of Synack Consulting & David Hamerski of Shannon and Luchs Insurance will host a seminar on "PCI Compliance and Reducing the Risk of a Data Breach on April 28th from 8:00-9:00 am at Launch Workplaces. For more information and/or to register, click here.
- GRAMMY-nominated all-stars of the indie family music scene, Justin Roberts and the Not Ready for Naptime Players, will take the BlackRock Center for the Arts stage on Saturday, May 2 at 11:00 am. Roberts has won numerous national awards and received countless accolades for his albums and live performances. Tickets are $15. Purchase by phone 240.912.1058, or online at blackrockcenter.org.
- The annual Celebrate! Gaithersburg in Olde Towne street festival will be held on Sunday, June 14 from noon to 5:00 pm., and will include several stages of live entertainment, a variety of local food, and themed areas geared for all ages and interests. Businesses and organizations are invited to be part of the celebration through vendor and sponsorship opportunities. For further details, click here.
- July 4th is one of the most exciting times of the year in Montgomery Village. They go all out with live music, carnival games, arts and crafts, vendors, and a parade. Spaces fill up quickly, so register early to get a spot at the event. Contact Beto Benitez at 301-948-0110, ext. 2359 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. EVENT ORDER FORM