LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR GOLF IS TOMORROW, SEPTEMBER 9TH!
Where: Comus Inn, 23900 Old Hundred Road, Dickerson
Where: Worthington Manor, 8329 Fingerboard Road, Urbana
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
Monday, September 14
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: Senor Tequila's
Cost:: Free for All. Advance Registration Requested.
Where:Senor Tequila's, 20021 Century Boulevard, Germantown
Tuesday, September 15
Economic Development Committee Meeting
Cost: GGCC Members Only
Where: Montgomery College Germantown Campus Paul Peck Building (Goldenrod Bldg), 20271 Goldenrod Lane Room 105, Germantown
Thursday, September 17
Membership Committee Meeting
Cost:: GGCC Members Only
Where: GGCC Office, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, North Building,Gaithersburg
Thursday, September 17
Annual Chamber Picnic
NO WALK-INS / REGISTER IN ADVANCE!
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS: FREE (incl. in membership)
NON-MEMBERS: FREE for First-Time Non-Members.
Returning Non-Members pay $45
Where: Smokey Glen Farm Barbequers, Inc., 16407 Riffle Ford Road, Gaithersburg
Thursday, September 24
11:30 am -1:00 pm
Business Card Exchange Lunch
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS: $20
NON-MEMBERS: $20 for First-Time Non-Members.
Returning Non-Members pay $40
Where: Buca di Beppo, 122 Kentlands Boulevard, Gaithersburg
Thursday, September 24
Regional Young Professionals Group Happy Hour: MoCo Are You Ready For Some Football?
Cost: The Bethesda-Chevy Chase, the Gaithersburg-Germantown, Rockville & the Greater Silver Spring Chambers of Commerce, along with Leadership Montgomery’s Emerging Leaders, are coming together as one team with one mission on Thursday, September 24th- to NETWORK at the Young Professionals Regional FOOTBALL Happy Hour(s). Where your favorite Team Jersey!
FREE for Members of these Groups ONLY. Cash bar.
Where: Miller’s Ale House, 1471 Rockville Pike, Rockville
The GGCC Governance Committee will be establishing a slate of nominees for formal election of the 2016 Board of Directors. If you choose to nominate yourself or another Chamber member, such nominations shall be in writing, shall be accompanied by a petition consisting of ten (10) signatures of GGCC members in good standing, and must be received by Marilyn Balcombe, President & CEO, by September 20th. (Per the Chamber By Laws)
We are so excited about our new directory for 2015-2016. We keep improving the book and this year we are upgrading the cover to be magazine perfect bound!! We will have a new design, more content and more opportunities to network with fellow members.
With that said, AD SALES HAVE BEGUN! More than 15.000 readers will touch and feel our new publication - 15,000! Don’t delay securing your placement! Contact chamber member Nancy Rhomberg to renew your current ad or make a brand new space reservation. She has special sections in our publication and it is important you contact her early to get the right placement and page. Email Nancy at 913-951-2681 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your support of the Chamber and this publication.
It's that time of year again - Back to School or as we like to say "Back
l, Back to Business
". We invite you GET INVOLVED
and Maximize Your Chamber Membership
. One of the ways you can serve and connect is by serving on a committee. The chamber has several committees both regular and ones for special events.
Current chamber committees include the following
: Membership, Events, Economic Development and Legislative.
: Golf, Celebration Annual Celebration Dinner & Awards Ceremony, and Grow Your Business Seminar & Expo.
: This Member’s Group holds a monthly conversation and connection event. Each month they pick a different topic for discussion. They also hold quarterly luncheons open to members and guests.
: The young professional's is our newest specialty group. The group is designed for the 35 and under professional. They hold a variety of events including Happy Hours.
: Our direct connect groups are smaller networking groups. They are organized by industry type, business focus or location. Each group decides on its meeting schedule, format and topics. If we don’t have a group for you, maybe you can start one.
To learn about the committees, click here
. To discover when they meet visit the events calendar on the chamber website. You can always feel free to visit one or all of the committees and see which is one is the best for you.
Did You Know we are accepting applications
only for a table at this year Non-Profit Showcase
and Volunteer Recognition Business Networking After Five Picnic. If you are a current, non-profit GGCC member and are interested in showcasing your business at the picnic on September 17, please contact Laura at email@example.com. Each GGCC non-profit member may only have two representatives attend. For more details please click here. The deadline has been extended until Thursday, September 10th. You must complete the form in order to particpate. Thank you.
- Lerch, Early & Brewer, Chtd. divorce attorney Deborah Reiser recently was selected as the 2016 "Lawyer of the Year" for Family Law in Washington, DC by Best Lawyers in America. Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the "Lawyer of the Year," making this accolade particularly significant. These lawyers are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer-review assessments. Congratulations Deborah!
- Adventist Home Health, a division of Adventist HealthCare Home Care Services is one of only three agencies in Maryland to receive the highest quality rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The five-star rating places the division in the top 3% of agencies in the United States. Congratulations!
- Northern Virginia Magazine has named JK Moving Services the 2015 best mover in the region for the third time. Read more, click here. CONGRATS JK!
- Johns Hopkins University Montgomery County Campus, the National Cancer Institute, the Red Cross, local government agencies and others team up for an emergency preparedness fair on Sept. 16. For further details, click here.
- Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union has launched a newly enhanced suite of consumer checking programs as part of its on-going effort to address the changing financial needs of residents in Montgomery County. The newly released family of consumer checking programs include enhanced features within their existing Student Plus and Free Checking accounts, as well as brand new E-checking and Premier Checking account programs. For more information on the new Consumer Checking Programs visit: www.mafcu.org.
- Pinky & Pepe's Grape Escape is celebrating their 5-year anniversary and they invite you to their Grand Re-Opening / Anniversary Celebration on Friday, September 25th from 6:00 pm - close at 223 Kentlands Boulevard in Gaithersburg. Ribbon Cutting, wine, beer, live music and more.
- Vote for Country Casual in Bethesda Magazine's Reader's Poll / Best Place for Outdoor Furniture. Show your support by September 21st by voting online. Just find "place for outdoor furniture" under "home" and enter "Country Casual". To access the survey, click here.
- Grossberg Company, LLP invites you to the 3rd Annual Suburban Maryland Real Estate Symposium on Thursday, September 24 at 3:30 pm at Bethesda Marriott, 5151 Pooks Hill Road, Bethesda. for further details and/or to register, click here.
- Manna Food Center will hosts its Harvest Event on September 12th from 8:30 am - 12:00 pm at First Fruits Farm near Freeland. First Fruits Farm and Manna volunteers harvest thousands of pounds of first-rate produce each year for Manna's clients. Come join the fun and help your neighbors in need. Volunteers will harvest and bag produce and help load the Manna truck. Volunteers must be 7+ and those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult, 21 or over. Click here to register.
- Bring a mat and join Launch Workplaces on September 16 at 6:00 pm. Catherine Fleishman, renowned Yoga, Pilates & Meditation Instructor at Follow Yoga a member of Launch Workplaces will be offering a free yoga class.RSVP to Nichelle at (301) 232-3301 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Righttime Medical Care is looking for some candidates for their Montgomery County Care Centers. Visit them at their Job Fair at their Silver Spring Care Center, 20 University Blvd East in Silver Spring on Tuesday, September 8th, from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. They are looking for all clinical staff (certified MAs, LPNs and RNs), as well as Welcome Desk team members. For an on-site interview, please bring a resume with you.
- The Gaithersburg Police Department, in partnership with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, is asking citizens to dispose of unwanted prescription drugs during National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, Saturday, September 26. No liquids or syringes will be accepted. The service is free, anonymous, and there will be no questions asked. From 10:00 am until 2:00 pm, the Gaithersburg Police station, located at 14 Fulks Corner Avenue, will serve as a collection station, giving residents an opportunity to dispose of all unwanted and unused prescription drugs.
- The Montgomery Village Foundation Great Pumpkin Race and Fall Festival will be held on Saturday, October 10 from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm at the North Creek Community Center, 20125 Arrowhead Road, Montgomery Village. The Great Pumpkin Race is a unique side-by-side, single elimination race featuring handcrafted, decorated pumpkin race cars. The Pumpkin Race caps off the fall festival events, including live music, great food, and plenty of children's activities during this family centered day. For further details, click here.
- Advertise in the Corporate Volunteer Council of Montgomery County's Annual Review. It will be distributed at the 2015 Annual Luncheon and Awards Ceremony and will be available online at cvc-mc.org with live links to advertiser websites. Reserve your space by September 23rd. For further information, contact Sarah Burnett at email@example.com.
- Residents are invited to bring paper and select electronics for secure shredding and disposal to the City of Gaithersburg's free Community Shredding and E-Recycling Event on Saturday, October 17. It takes place from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm at the Activity Center at Bohrer Park, 506 S. Frederick Avenue. For more information contact the Environmental Services Division at 301-258-6330 or visit www.gaithersburgmd.gov.