The GGCC will honor local heroes from Public Safety personnel of the Upcounty for their courageous, life-saving actions at the 20th Annual Public Safety Awards Breakfast. We invite you to come and join us as we honor these men, women and children who make our community a vibrant and safe place to live and do business.
For further details and/or to REGISTER, click here.
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
Friday, August 14
Cost:: $35 Members & Guests / $60 Non-Members /$550 Shining Silver Sponsor / $300 Table Sponsor
Where:Montgomery County Agricultural Center, Inc., 16 Chestnut Street, Harvest Building, Gaithersburg
NON-MEMBERS: FREE for First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $45
Where: Activity Center at Bohrer Park, 506 S Frederick Avenue, Gaithersburg
Where: Comus Inn, 23900 Old Hundred Road, Dickerson
Where: Worthington Manor, 8329 Fingerboard Road, Urbana
Thursday, September 17
Annual Chamber Picnic
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS: FREE (incl. in membership)
NON-MEMBERS: FREE for First-Time Non-Members.
Returning Non-Members pay $45
Where: Smokey Glen Farm Barbequers, Inc., 16407 Riffle Ford Road, Gaithersburg
Thursday, September 24
11:30 am -1:00 pm
Business Card Exchange Lunch
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS: $20
NON-MEMBERS: $20 for First-Time Non-Members.
Returning Non-Members pay $40
Where: Buca di Beppo, 122 Kentlands Boulevard, Gaithersburg
Thursday, September 24
Regional Young Professionals Group Happy Hour: MoCo Are You Ready For Some Football?
Cost: The Bethesda-Chevy Chase, the Gaithersburg-Germantown, Rockville & the Greater Silver Spring Chambers of Commerce, along with Leadership Montgomery’s Emerging Leaders, are coming together as one team with one mission on Thursday, September 24th- to NETWORK at the Young Professionals Regional FOOTBALL Happy Hour(s). Where your favorite Team Jersey!
FREE for Members of these Groups ONLY. Cash bar.
Where: Miller’s Ale House, 1471 Rockville Pike, Rockville
- National Night Out is tomorrow, Tuesday, August 4th. 37.8 million neighbors across 16,124 communities celebrate National Night Out. Nine neighborhoods in the City of Gaithersburg will be participating in the 32nd Annual National Night Out Against Crime campaign. For more information on Gaithersburg’s NNO programs please call the Gaithersburg Police Department at 301-258-6168, e-mail Officer Dan Lane at email@example.com or visit the City’s website at www.gaithersburgmd.gov. For more information on National Night Out events in your area, click here or visit: https://natw.org
- Righttime Medical Care is looking for some candidates for their Frederick and Montgomery County Care Centers. Visit them at their Job Fair at the Frederick Care Center in Market Square, across from Wegmans, 201-B Shorebird Street in Frederick on Tuesday, August 4, from 2:00-7:00 pm. We're looking for all clinical staff (certified MAs, LPNs and RNs), as well as Welcome Desk team members. For an onsite interview, please bring a resume with you.
- Fleet Feet Sports is celebrating "The Power of Running" on September 17th, as they rally together to support Austin Cohen and his family. Just about a year ago Austin Cohen, a 15-year old freshman at Quince Orchard high School recently had part of his leg removed and is undergoing treatment to fight cancer invading his lungs. Austin and his family need support. On Thursday, September 17th Fleet Feet will show them the incredible power of running with a #CrushCancerforCohen Pub Run and Walk. For further details and/or to register, click here.
- Montgomery Village Master Plan public hearing is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, September 10 at which time community residents and property owners can testify about the plan. A public notice about the hearing will be sent when the date and location are confirmed. View the Montgomery Village Master Plan Working Draft, click here.
- Johns Hopkins University Montgomery County Campus has launched a new food safety regulation degree. The master's degree program will prepare students for careers in food safety regulation, a field growing in importance in our nation and in our world. For more information, click here.
- Adventist HealthCare invites you to participate in their free online heart risk assessment. By taking 5 minutes today to complete their assessment, you will find out your heart age and risk for heart disease; receive a personalized guide to improve your heart health & be entered to win a 2015 mountain bike from Performance Bicycle. Take the assessment: www.TrustedHeartCare.com/EveryBeatCounts.
- Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union (MAFCU) is bringing together a new & diverse leadership team. By bringing on who also directly reflect the thriving ethnic diversity of Montgomery County, MAFCU is aiming to gain a concrete understanding of varying service needs across all cultural and ethnic groups within the community in order to truly create value with every relationship.To further enhance the banking experience for their customers, MAFCU’s new management team will be launching Give Back Banking, new state of the art consumer and commercial accounts, as well as micro and small business account lending programs to meet its customers needs. For more information contact Brittany Hilton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wegmans presents 5 ways to enjoy summer's veggie harvest. Click here to discover delicious new veggie recipes!
- Join BlackRock Center for the Arts on August 22 between 10:00 am - 1:00 pm at their Open House. It will be a day of free fun for the whole family including sample arts classes, a scavenger hunt with the chance to win prizes, art exhibits and more. BlackRock is located at 12901 Town Commons Drive in Germantown.
- The Montgomery County Agricultural Fair opens August 14th (through August 22nd)! Check out this preview video from Montgomery Community Media. click here. To plan your day(s), visit: http://mcagfair.com/.
- Montgomery County, County Executive Ike Leggett, Council President George
Leventhal and the County Council will honor Vietnam Veterans on Saturday, October 24th at the "Montgomery County Salutes Vietnam Veterans" at 10:30 am at the Universities at Shady Grove, 9630 Gudelsky Drive in Rockville. Honor and Gratitude: Montgomery Salutes Vietnam Veterans event organizers are currently seeking to contact more of the veterans who will be honored on Oct 24. Those veterans, or family and friends of the veterans, seeking more information about the event should call 301-424-1730 / ext. 350.
- Metropolitan Ballet Theatre and Academy will host its Fall Open House on Sunday, August 16 from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm. Register for fall/winter classes in ballet, jazz, hip hop, tap, modern & more. For more information (including a list of sample classes you can try the day of), visit: and at www.mbtdance.org . They are located at 220 Perry Parkway in Gaithersburg.
- You are invited to Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union's Small Business University with featured presenter Glenn Garnes. Founder, Village Connector Community who will discuss "The Art of the Connection" - How to turn relationships into a lifetime of profits on Thursday, August 13 from 7:00-8:30 am at Montgomery Community Media. For further details and/or to register, click here.
- Volunteers are needed to help maintain the Hospice Caring gardens and keep the annuals, perennials and potted plants watered, for general cleanup, and to assist with maintaining benches, tables and statues. If you are interested in helping, please contact Catherine Stahl at email@example.com.
- Come and enjoy a preview of fall designer collections at the HBF Boutique Back 2 School Fashion Runway Show on Sunday, August 9 at 3:00 pm at 119 Crown Park Avenue in Gaithersburg. You can shop all day from 11:00 am - 5:00 pm - tax free and receive 20% off your entire purchase.
- Treatment and Learning Center is raffling off the opportunity to experience a luxury suite to a Redskin game of your choice. Purchase a raffle ticket for a one-of-a-kind chance to win 21 seats in a luxury box at ANY REDSKIN GAME OF YOUR CHOICE. Only 200 tickets will be sold, so don’t miss out before they are gone. Tickets can be purchased online at http://ttlc.org/support-tlc/redskins-raffle.