Join us for casual conversation over coffee on August 20th. And as an added bonus we will be able to sample a vast array of delicious Lindt chocolates. Free for GGCC Members & First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $40
The Business of Social: Chocolate, Coffee & Conversation
Wednesday, August 20
Chocolate, Coffee & Conversation with the GGCC
Free for GGCC Members & First-Time Visitors. Returning Non-Members Pay $40.
Lindt Chocolate Shop, Washingtonian Center, 3 Grand Corner Avenue, Gaithersburg
Thursday, August 21
Small Business University Seminar & Networking Event
Register/Details at: https://www.mafcu.org/sbu/. Cost: $10
Montgomery Community Media, 7548 Standish Place, Rockville
Thursday, August 28
Business Networking After Five / Endless Summer: Business Visions
Free for GGCC & Team Network Members & First-Time Visitors. Returning Non-Members Pay $40.
Main Street Park and Pavilion (Kentlands), 301 Main Street, Gaithersburg
Monday, September 8
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: Venti Tre Modern Italian
Free for All
Venti Tre Modern Italian, 128 Ellington Blvd. (Crown), Gaithersburg
Wednesday, September 10
Evening of Networking: Joint Mixer with the FCC
The GGCC and Frederick County Chamber are joining forces to bring its members together for an “Evening of Networking” at the Comus Inn at Sugarloaf Mountain. Meet and greet our neighbors from the north while enjoying great food compliments of the Comus Inn and a breath-taking setting too. Advance registration is required.
Free for GGCC & Frederick Chamber Members Only. Cash Bar.
Comus Inn, 23900 Old Hundred Road, Dickerson
Friday, September 12
10:30 am - 6:00 pm
24th Annual Business Golf Classic
$250 Members / $300 Non-Members / Sponsorship's Available
Worthington Manor, 8329 Fingerboard Road, Urbana
Thursday, September 18
Annual Picnic, Volunteer Recognition & Non-Profit Showcase
Each year GGCC Members come together to interact with the non-profit community, honor all the GGCC volunteers and savor the mouth-watering pies and Smokey Glen’s famous barbeque. Register in advance for this event – there are no walk-in's please.. Picnic attire isn’t recommended … its MANADATORY. See you there.Free for GGCC Members Only.
Smokey Glen Farm Barbequers, Inc., 16407 Riffle Ford Road, Gaithersburg
Tuesday, September 23
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Business Card Exchange Lunch: Buca di Beppo
Cost: $20 Members & First-Time Non-Members / $40 Returning Non-Members.
Buca di Beppo,122 Kentlands Boulevard, Gaithersburg
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events/
THANK YOU for your Support of our 19th Annual Public Safety Awards Breakfast!
Paul Davis Restoration and Remodeling; City of Gaithersburg; The Gazette; Hughes Network Systems, LLC, Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union, Montgomery County Employee Federal Credit Union, Asbury Methodist Village, Berman, Sobin, Gross, Feldman & Darby LLP, Gaithersburg Police Foundation, Holy Cross Hospital, Johns Hopkins University Montgomery County Campus, Kaplan University, Lerner Enterprises / Black Hills Development, OBA Bank, PEPCO, Robert Cowdrey, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, Therrien Waddell, Inc., Walmart, A Cat Clinic, GeneDx, Lerch, Early & Brewer, Chtd., Linowes & Blocher, LLP, Maryland Leadership Workshops, Randy Scritchfield, CFP, Scheer Partners, Inc., Sonabank, Strive Business Solutions, LLC, Buca di Beppo, Cafe Rio, Copper Canyon Grill, Corner Bakery Gaithersburg, Largents Restaurant & Bar, Melting Pot Gaithersburg and Pasha Restaurant.
to Phil Fabrizio of Sugarloaf Photography by Fabrizio
for donating his time and providing photography coverage at the 19th Annual Public Safety Awards Breakfast! Sugarloaf Photography by Fabrizio provides corporate and personal event photography covering locations throughout the metro DC/MD/VA area. Learn more about them at: www.sugarloafphoto.smugmug.com.
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital is the first hospital in Maryland to achieve Baby-Friendly designation through the World Health Organization and the United Nations Children’s Fund. This recognizes their extensive breastfeeding support and encouragement. CONGRATULATIONS!
- Visit the Annual Montgomery County Agricultural Fair, Now through August 16, 2014. This week-long county fair is a family event with carnival rides, live animals, a variety of entertainment, food and fun activities for all ages. For further details, visit: http://goo.gl/NLCMhO.
- It's Restaurant Week at The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg. Enjoy four-courses of fondue for just $35.14 per person at The Melting Pot from August 11th-17th. They will also be open for lunch on August 16th and 17th with a three-course lunch option available for just $20.14 per person. Lunch option only available before 4pm. Call them at 301-519-3638 to make your reservation.
- Do you spend your days at work focusing on science, medicine, technology, computers or engineering? How about spending your nights learning about literature, history, politics and art? Johns Hopkins University offers a robust Master of Liberal Arts program, which is expanding to the Montgomery County Campus in January 2015. Come join us for an open house 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Saturday, Sept. 20 to learn more about this degree program. For more information, click here.
- These Are The 10 Best Counties In America as rated by Movoto. See where Montgomery County is ranked,, click here.
- EWC Consultants will host a free sales workshop on the "7 Ways to Turn a Prospect into a Customer" on August 21st. Come out and learn: how to get appointments with the decision maker; what tools you can use to get in front of the decision maker; how to get the decision maker to like and trust you; how to conduct a winning first appointment; how to overcome those dreaded price objections and how to make closing the sale a natural next step. For further details and/or to register, click here.
- Kaplan University will be hosting their bi-annual blood drive on August 14th from 1:30 to 7 pm. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment, please call Michelle Day at 301.258.3806 or email email@example.com. There are four spots still available!
- Righttime Medical Care is hosting a job fair for part-time and full-time medical positions at its Silver Spring Care Center, due to open soon. Applications will be accepted and brief interviews will be conducted for Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, PCTs/MAs, Care Center Managers and Welcome Desk Representatives, on Thursday, August 14, from 7am to 7pm. Righttime Silver Spring is located at 20 University Blvd. East (Four Corners). If you choose, you may complete an online application prior to the job fair: myRighttime.com/careers. Please call (443) 332-4268 for more information.
- Join Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland, Inc. in celebrating the Maple Hill Home Dedication on September 13th at 1:30 pm. Click here to register to attend.
- Enjoy a free lunch at Worthington Manor with an 18-hole round of golf with cart Monday through Friday before 2:00 pm. Simply state promo code “Free Lunch” before paying for your round of golf. Please visit their Free Lunch promotion page for details.