About: Funding is the fuel on which a business runs. A business can take different avenues to attain funding, and more than one option can be used. This entrepreneur series - FUNDING - will discuss the options on how one can secure a variety of funding options & help improve your odds of success.
Cost: Chamber Members & Guests: $20 / Non-Member: $40.
Where: LOCATION CHANGE!! Montgomery College, Germantown Innovation Center, 20271 Goldenrod Lane, 2nd Floor, Germantown
Wednesday, June 8
Events Committee Meeting
GGCC MEMBERS ONLY
: GGCC Office, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, Gaithersburg
Cost: Free, Stop by and See Us! Thank you to all our Volunteers!
Where: Old Towne Gaithersburg
Wednesday, June 15
Economic Development Committee Meeting
GGCC Members Only
: Montgomery County's Proposed Rapid Transit System (RTS) System
: Montgomery College Germantown Campus Paul Peck Building (Goldenrod Bldg), 20271 Goldenrod Lane Room 105, Germantown
Thursday, June 16
Business Networking After Five
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS: FREE (incl. in membership); NON-MEMBERS: FREE for First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $40.
Where: Melting Pot, 9021 Gaither Road, Gaithersburg
Thursday, June 16
Membership Committee Meeting
GGCC MEMBERS ONLY
: GGCC Office, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, Gaithersburg
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS: $20 (incl. in membership); NON-MEMBERS: $20 for First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $40.
Where: Asbury Methodist Village / Hefner Community Center, 417 Russell Avenue, Gaithersburg
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS ONLY: FREE
: The GGCC, in cooperation with its Non-Profit Group, has invited Marc Engel,an employment attorney at Lerch, Early &Brewer, Chartered, to discuss Employment Law with ALL GGCC Members, so you can understand and comply with the following laws: hiring, evaluation & termination. This workshop is specifically designed to help small and medium sized businesses and non-profit employers understand and comply with these laws
Where / Sponsored By: Launch Workplace, 9841 Washingtonian Boulevard,Suite 200, Gaithersburg
Important Details: Registration: 7:45 am. Program will begin promptly at 8:00 am. Limited space. Please register in advance. Thank you!
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS ONLY
Where: Homewood Suites, 805 Russell Avenue, Gaithersburg
Cost: :$35 Members & Guests / $60 Non-Members /$550 Shining Silver Sponsor / $300 Table Sponsor
Where: Montgomery County Agricultural Center, Inc., Heritage Building, 16 Chestnut Street, Gaithersburg
Cost: $10 for GGCC Members. Non-Members: $20. Complimentary appetizers to be served at each of the locations. Free Beer Tasting at Downtown Crown Wine & Beer / Stop #1. Cash bar / Drink Specials at Stops #2 - #5.
Where: Downtown Crown, 303 Copley Place, Gaithersburg
Wednesday, July 27
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Business Card Exchange Lunch
Cost: $20 for GGCC Members and First-Time Non-Members. $40 Returning Non-Members
Where: Copper Canyon Grill, 100 Boardwalk Place, Gaithersburg
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
- Downtown Crown kicks off the summer with a weekly Summer Concert Series at Crown Park, 220 Ellington Blvd,Gaithersburg. Featuring popular local musicians, the concerts will take place every Wednesday evening from June 15 through August 31, 6:30 – 8:30 pm. Concerts are free and open to the public. In addition to performances, there will be Cornhole competitions and participation by Downtown Crown merchants. For additional information contact: 301-330-5400 or visit: downtowncrown.com.
- Congratulations to Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center who received two awards from the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association for life-saving, high-quality stroke care. Read more, click here.
- Montgomery County Ranks 19th Happiest Place in America. Read the Montgomery Community Media article at: http://goo.gl/KEd2iR.
- Congratulations to the Maryland SoccerPlex, who will celebrate the completion of the complex on Saturday, June 11. The SoccerPlex started off as a dream almost 20 years ago and since then has had 650,00 visitors a year, 10,000+ games a year, and 24 fields. Learn more about them at www.mdsoccerplex.org.
- The 34th annual Celebrate! Gaithersburg in Olde Towne street festival draws the entire community to Gaithersburg’s historic City center for a day of food, fun, entertainment, and family activities. The event is scheduled for Sunday, June 12 from 12:00-5:00 pm.
- Join the Maryland SoccerPlex as they celebrate the beginning of Summer and the end of the school year with Summer Solstice Festival on June 11-12. The 2 day festival will feature outdoor movie Saturday night, an inflatable playzone, arts /craft activities, games, and entertainment and music throughout the weekend. interested in being a vendor at this event? Email email@example.com or visit www.eventsattheplex.com.
- Help A Cat Clinic celebrate their 30th Anniversary at their open house on Saturday, June 11 from 2-4:00 pm at 14200 Clopper Road, Boyds. Face painting, temporary cat tatoos, educational presentations, light refreshments and more. For further details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The City of Gaithersburg 4th of July Fireworks now at Bohrer Park. An entire day’s worth of activities – all leading up to a spectacular fireworks display – will take place at Bohrer Park. Check the City’s website for updates at www.gaithersburgmd.gov.
- On Monday, July 4, the Montgomery Village Foundation will host their annual Independence Day Celebration. The main event will take place at the Apple Ridge Recreation Area and Pool, 10101 Apple Ridge Road. Events run from 7:00 am - 2:00 pm and include a 5K Race and Fun Run, community parade with fire engines, marching groups, classic cars, bicycles and decorated floats to reflect this year's theme, "A 50th Fourth," as well as bingo, carnival games, entertainment and food.
- Now picking at Butler's Orchard, strawberries! For Farm Access, purchase a day pass for $3 or a season pass for $25. For more information, click here.
- Join Small Business University, a program of Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union, on the third Thursday of each month between 7:00 am-8:30 am. Start your morning with great networking followed by an inspiring speaker each month. This month's speaker (April 21) is Antonio Dose, Washington Metropolitan Area District Director for the U.S. Small Business Administration's (SBA) who will discuss World Trade (as it pertains to Small Business). For details and to register click here.
- The Holiday Inn Gaithersburg/Holiday Inn Express Germantown is searching for an experienced Tour & Travel/ Sports Markets Area Sales Manager. For more information on this exciting opportunity, contact the Directors of Sales: Michael Nasuti @ email@example.com or Pable Holloway @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique is growing.looking and Wanda Camper is actively recruiting for a Dog Groomer with 2+ years of experience. Please feel free to contact her at 301-330-9991 if Interested.
- Protect you workforce and take advantage of LifeWork Strategies early booking rate. Request a company flu clinic by Friday, June 10, 2016 to save $2 per vaccine. Details, click here.
- Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union will host their Spring 2016 Real Estate & Mortgage Seminar on Saturday, June 11 at 10:00 am at MAFCU, 12820 Wisteria Drive in Germantown. For further details, click here.
- Old Town Pour House is serving up something for everyone with their delectable new dishes. New menu items include a ork belly burger, duck confit nachos, not just grilled cheese, butterscotch bread pudding and more. See the new menu, click here.
- Johns Hopkins University Montgomery County Campus is offering a week-long summer course for middle school students interested in programming, as well as summer classes in engineering, lab research and writing for high school students. Seats remain, apply today, click here for further details.
- Reward Yourself with Bruster's Real Ice Cream Southern Charmers. Flavors include Banana Puddin', Key Lime Pie & Coconut Cream Pie. They are located at 18519 N Frederick Avenue in Gaithersburg.
- In case you haven’t heard, since Friday, June 3, the Metrorail system will close at midnight every night to allow for the implementation of SafeTrack, an expanded track work plan to improve Metrorail safety and restore service reliability. Last-train departure times vary by station. Customers are encouraged to check wmata.com/stations to determine the last-train departure time for their trip.
- As part of Montgomery County’s 17th annual Recycling Awareness Week, the Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection recognized outstanding achievements in recycling, waste reduction, reuse, buying recycled-content products, and educational efforts by local businesses, organizations, multi-family apartment and condominium properties, residents and individuals for their contributions to increase recycling. Congratulations to the following GGCC Members who received recognition: Asbury Methodist Village, Matan, Cherry Knoll Apartments, & Copper Canyon Grill.
- Congressman John Delaney is hosting a job fair on Thursday, June 16, 2016 from 3-6:00 pm at the Bauer Drive Community Recreation Center, 14625 Bauer Drive, Rockville. There is no cost to participate in this event and it will be an exceptional opportunity for GGCC members to meet one-on-one with talented and skilled Marylanders seeking employment or higher levels of employment.
- Junior Achievement of Greater Washington has a new opportunity for you to inspire the next generation with the financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship skills to thrive in the future. The first annual JA® Pop-Up Digital Raffle is a great way to snag some incredible prizes, as well further support JA in the region. Prizes include Nats, Redskins and Caps ticket packages and more. This is a pop-up contest... that means you only have from June 1 - June 15 to take part. Explore the prizes and buy your tickets, click here.
- Click here for the June 2016 calendar of events at On Our Own of Montgomery County, Inc
- SCORE will present a series of small business seminars in a partnership with Montgomery County Public Libraries beginning June 6 with "starting a business" at the Germantown Library, 19840 Century Boulevard, Germantown. Other dates include: June 13 presenting Financing Your Business and June 27 presenting Marketing Your Business. For further details and/or to register, click here.
- In recognition of its nationally acclaimed Gaithersburg Book Festival, the City of Gaithersburg recently earned a spot as one of the “30 Great Small Towns for Book Lovers.” The list, assembled by aboutgreatbooks.com, recognizes towns that have strong connections to literature, either through individual books and authors or with programs that encourage reading and a love of books. Congratulations! #GBF