The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber
& Moe's Southwest Grill
invite you to the Business Card Exchange Lunch
this Wednesday, April 23
. Join us for lunch at Moe's
! While Moe's is best known for its burritos packed with a choice of over 20 fresh, flavorful ingredients, the menu also features kid's, vegetarian and low-calorie options. And all meals are served with free chips and salsa. Come and enjoy a great lunch and get ready to expand your network too! Cost
: $20 Members / $40 Non-Members. Please register in advance, click here now
Wednesday, April 23
Business Card Exchange Lunch
$20 for GGCC Members & First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $40.
Moe's, 12151 Darnestown Road, Gaithersburg
Thursday, April 24
Economic Development Committee Meeting
TOPIC: Montgomery County Department of Economic Development - Status Update
GGCC Members Only
Montgomery College-Goldenrod Building, GIC 20271 Goldenrod Lane, Germantown
Thursday, April 24
Small Business University Seminar & Networking Event
Featured presenter Frank F. Islam, Chief Executive Officer/Founder, FI Investment Group, LLC who will discuss Entrepreneurship and the Essence of Leadership.
Register/Details at: https://www.mafcu.org/sbu/. Cost: $10
Montgomery Community Media, 7548 Standish Place, Rockville
Wednesday, April 30
Golf Committee Meeting
Come help us plan the Annual Business Golf Classic! Each September, nearly 100 decision makers and business professionals enjoy a day away from the office by participating in the GGCC's Annual Business Golf Classic. This day of networking and competitive fun is a much anticipated event each year. You don't need to golf to be a part of this fabulous committee.
GGCC Members Only
GGCC Office, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, Gaithersburg
Thursday, May 1
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: Largent's
Open to & Free for All!
Largent's Restaurant & Bar, 654 Center Point Way, Gaithersburg
Tuesday, May 6
County Council District 3 Candidate Forum
May 6 Forum Candidates will include:
-Guled Kassim (invited)
NOTE: The May 6 Forum is a paid lunch of $20 and open to the public. Advance Registration Required.
$20 for lunch, ALL are welcome!
Hilton, 620 Perry Parkway, Gaithersburg
Wednesday, May 7
2-Year Anniversary Young Professionals Celebration Picnic
$25 for GGCC Members & First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $35.
Smokey Glen Farm, 16407 Riffle Ford Road, Gaithersburg
Monday, May 12
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: Jo's Comfort Zone
Open to & Free for All!
Largent's Restaurant & Bar, 118 Market Street, Gaithersburg
Thursday, May 22
11th Annual Wine Tasting
$35 for GGCC Members & First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $65.
Kentland's Mansion, 320 Kent Square Road, Gaithersburg
Thursday, May 29
County Executive Democratic Primary Candidate Forum
May 29 Forum Candidates will include:
NOTE: The May 29 Forum is free and open to the public.
Montgomery College, Globe Hall, 20200 Observation Drive, Germantown
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events/
- Montgomery Community Media will host their second annual “Day in the Life of Montgomery County,” on April 22. This 24-hour event highlights life in Montgomery County with a collage of photos and short videos. They received nearly 1,000 photos last year and want to top that number this year. In order to do that, they need you to submit a photo April 22. Photos should be sent, one at a time, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can tweet a photo to @mymcmedia #ditl.For more details, visit http://www.mymcmedia.org/day/.
- The Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences is pleased to host Tom Farquhar, Head of School at Sidwell Friends in Washington, D.C., on April 30 at 7:00pm. He will examine how parents and policy-makers in other countries view the American education system through his discussion of the "The Importance and Significance of American Education". Please RSVP at BarnesvilleSchool.org/speaker.
- The City of Gaithersburg’s 6th Annual Active Aging Expo presented by Adventist HealthCare is a day filled with energy, educational talks, interactive demonstrations, facials, massages, manicures, and preventive screenings. The free Active Aging Expo will be held on Monday, May 5 from 9:00am to 2:00pm at the Activity Center at Bohrer Park, 506 South Frederick Avenue, Gaithersburg. The expo is hosted in partnership with Asbury Methodist Village, Holy Cross Hospital, Wegmans and the Montgomery Village Foundation.
- Congratulations Irving Argenal, Chief Engineer at the Hampton Inn & Suites Washington DC North – Gaithersburg, on your Spirit Award with Hampton hotels. Irving was one out of four chosen from over 1900 Hampton hotels.
- The Hilton Gaithersburg will host the 3rd Annual Fundraiser for Give Kids the World on Thursday, June 6th from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 pm. Join them for a night of fine wines, delicious food, and sumptuous gourmet chocolates, along with live music and dancing. For more information, click here.
- The Dalí Quartet, today’s freshest voice in Classical and Latin-American music, will bring two performances to BlackRock Center for the Arts on May 3rd at 1:00 & 800pm. Tickets are $14 for the Family Fiesta Concert, and $22 for the Gallery Performance. Purchase at the box office: 240.912.1058 or online at www.blackrockcenter.org.
- The Rotary Club of Gaithersburg will host a fundraiser on Thursday, May 8th from 4:00-9:00pm at Potomac Pizza. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Rotary Club. Potomac Pizza is located in the Chevy Chase Center, Potomac Promenade, Traville Village Center and Kentlands Market Square.
- The Gaithersburg Police Foundation will return to Dogfish Head Alehouse for a daylong fundraising event on Tuesday, May 13 from 11:30am-11:00pm. The restaurant is located at 800 West Diamond Avenue in Gaithersburg. Dogfish Head Alehouse will donate 15% of that day’s proceeds to the Gaithersburg Police Foundation. For more information contact Chris O’Brien, Foundation Chairperson, at email@example.com.