The GGCC will hold its 13th Annual Wine Tasting at the Kentlands Mansion on Thursday, May 19. Each ticket includes a wine-tasting glass and tastings. This year you are in for a treat - we have wine sommelier (a wine expert) coming and six specialty wines chosen by wine sponsor Pinky of Pinky and Pepe's Grape Escape. And the food menu will make your mouth-water!
Please register in advance.
Wednesday, May 18
Economic Development Committee Meeting
GGCC Members Only
: Briefing from County Councilmember Craig Rice – This is great opportunity to learn more about what the County Council is doing right now and what plans are in the works. And a briefing from Universities at Shady Grove on their recently funded 4th academic building - Biomedical Sciences and Engineering Education Facility (BSE) – The Chamber helped to advocate for the funding for the new building. It will be a great addition to an already great educationa
: Montgomery College Germantown Campus Paul Peck Building (Goldenrod Bldg), 20271 Goldenrod Lane Room 105, Germantown
Thursday, May 19
13th Annual Wine Tasting
Cost: Tickets are $35 for GGCC Members & First-Time Visitors; and $65 for Returning Non-Members.
Where: Kentlands Mansion, 320 Kent Square Road, Gaithersburg
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS ONLY
Where: GGCC Office, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, Gaithersburg
Cost: Free for All, Fun for All Ages!
Where: Grounds of Gaithersburg City Hall, 31 S. Summit Avenue, Gaithersburg
About: Funding is the fuel on which a business runs. A business can take different avenues to attain funding, and more than one option can be used. This entrepreneur series - FUNDING - will discuss the options on how one can secure a variety of funding options & help improve your odds of success.
Sunday, June 12
Cost: Chamber Members & Guests: $20 / Non-Member: $40.
Where: Montgomery College, BioScience Education Center, 20200 Observation Drive, Germantown
Where: Old Towne Gaithersburg
SPECIAL! VOLUNTEER AT OUR BOOTH FOR TWO HOURS AND YOU CAN DISPLAY A COMPANY BROCHURE AT OUR TABLE ALL DAY!!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Thursday, June 16
Business Networking After Five
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS: FREE (incl. in membership); NON-MEMBERS: FREE for First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $40.
Where: Melting Pot, 9021 Gaither Road, Gaithersburg
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS: $20 (incl. in membership); NON-MEMBERS: $20 for First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $40.
Where: Asbury Methodist Village / Hefner Community Center, 417 Russell Avenue, Gaithersburg
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS ONLY: FREE
: The GGCC, in cooperation with its Non-Profit Group, has invited Marc Engel,an employment attorney at Lerch, Early &Brewer, Chartered, to discuss Employment Law with ALL GGCC Members, so you can understand and comply with the following laws: hiring, evaluation & termination. This workshop is specifically designed to help small and medium sized businesses and non-profit employers understand and comply with these laws
Where / Sponsored By: Launch Workplace, 9841 Washingtonian Boulevard,Suite 200, Gaithersburg
Important Details: Registration: 7:45 am. Program will begin promptly at 8:00 am. Limited space. Please register in advance. Thank you!
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS ONLY
Where: Homewood Suites, 805 Russell Avenue, Gaithersburg
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
We want to extend a warm welcome to members who have joined the Chamber in recent weeks. We're happy to have you as members!
Happy Anniversary to the following members! We're glad you're here. Thank you for your support!
- The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber is proud to be a scholarship donor for Montgomery College. GGCC President Marilyn Balcombe and Jim Muir, Hughes Network Systems, LLC, presented a check for $30,000 to the College at their recent Scholarship luncheon. Check out the YouTube video, click here.
- Five years ago, Lawrence Rosenblum of Grossberg Company LLP and H.L. Ward of Monument Bank had a vision to build an event that would honor Montgomery County business leaders who have made a positive impact on the corporate environment, and support students seeking educational excellence. The bridge to connect the two was their creation of the Montgomery County Business Hall of Fame (MCBHOF). The following GGCC Members will be honored at the fifth annual MCBHOF ceremony on October 27: Robert Brewer, Principal, Lerch, Early & Brewer and William Schlossenberg, former Director of Development and Community Partnerships, The Universities at Shady Grove. Congratulations!
- The list of featured authors for the 2016 Gaithersburg Book Festival is impressive. Take a look at the most recent award-winners and best-sellers that will be presenting at this Saturday's festival at: www.gaithersburgbookfestival.org. While you are there, plan your day. Saturday, May 21 will be here before we know it. The event will be held on the Grounds of City Hall in Olde Towne Gaithersburg.
- Congratulations to Jonathan Sachs, Director of Public Policy for Adventist HealthCare, on being named in the 2016 Washington Business Journal"40 Under 40" class. Jonathan is also a GGCC Board Member. Great Job!
The 34th annual Celebrate! Gaithersburg in Olde Towne street festival draws the entire community to Gaithersburg’s historic City center for a day of food, fun, entertainment, and family activities. Businesses and organizations are invited to be part of the celebration through vendor and sponsorship opportunities. The event is scheduled for Sunday, June 12 from 12:00-5:00 pm. Vendors are now invited to apply and sponsorship opportunities are also available for businesses interested in supporting the festival. Forms are available online, click here, or call 301-258-6350.
- Pinky & Pepe's Grape Escape will host a Gourmet Wine & Beer Dinner at Il Porto in Gaithersburg on Sunday, June 5 starting with cocktails at 2:00 pm. To view the menu, click here. $65 per person, plus tax & gratuity. To make a reservation, call -with a credit card- 301.869.9463.
- Spice things up on Saturday nights with the Nando's Peri Peri Spicy Saturday Night concert series. Watch all your favorite local bands live every Saturday night from 6:30-8:30 pm on the Lakefront Plaza (between Joe's Crab Shack and Uncle Julio's) in the Rio in Gaithersburg. Click here for the full event schedule.
- The American Moving and Storage Association has designated May as National Moving Month. If your clients are planning on moving this summer, JK Moving Services has a list of 5 tips to help them get started. Click here, to get the tips.
- Pepco is making it easier for DC & MD customers to install solar panels on their rooftops and connect them to the electric distribution system. The changes will allow customers, who are interested in installing solar panels, to bypass the paper process and instead complete a convenient online application. Any customer who wants to generate power using solar panels needs a new smart meter.to receive credits. Contractors and self-install customers can access the portal through pepco.com/gpc.
- Fridays at the Farm is back. Enjoy steamed spiced #1 crabs & steamed spiced shrimp & Smokey Glen Farm's famous barbequed chicken & spareribs June through August from 5:30-8:30 pm. Guarantee your spot by purchasing tickets online at: smokeyglenfarm.com.
- The Melting Pot Gaithersburg has created a special menu for 2016 graduates. For all groups celebrating a graduation they would like to offer a special four course meal for $32 per person. Click here for menu details. Reservations recommended. Space is limited.
- If you are thinking about purchasing your first home, Fulton Mortgage Company is offering a free, no obligation, seminar to provide you with important home buying information. Topics include: finding a home, understanding title insurance and inspections, and choosing the best financing options to meet your needs. The seminar will be held on Tuesday, May 17 at 6:00 pm at The Columbia Bank: Federal Plaza, 12266 Rockville Pike, Rockville. RSVP at 301.770.6625.
- Now is the time to join TLC-The Treatment and Learning Centers for their 25th Annual Golf Classic on June 6th at Bretton Woods. All golfer sponsorships get a certificate for another free day of golf. Click here for more information.
- MGB Marketing Solutions invites you to the Germantown Home and Health Day at BlackRock Center for the Arts on May 28 from 10:00 am -5:00 pm. From kitchens and bathrooms, to bedrooms and basements, from fixtures and fittings to fine gardens and the latest gadgets, plus fashion, beauty and gifts, you'll find it all under one roof.