Grow Your Business & Play Golf at the Same Time! The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber's Annual Business Golf Classic will be held on Friday, September 9 at Worthington Manor Golf Club with a 9:30 AM shotgun.
This tournament is intended to offer an enjoyable golf experience and the opportunity to network. Meet business owners, representatives and supporters of business as you complete your round. Incredible prizes, golf contests, food and drinks await you on this unique golf experience.
Sponsorship's remaining include: Tournament, Driving Range, Longest Drive Men, Closest to the Pin Men & Women, Hole in One and Tee Signs. Or Sign Up to play as an individual or as a foursome.
Driving Range Open: 7:30 am
Registration Begins: 7:30 am
Lunch: 11:30 am
Putt*A*Rama: 9:00 am
Shotgun Start: 9:30 am|
Award Reception: 3:00 pm
To Sponsor or Register, Click Here!
Sponsorship's in varying levels available. Players & Foursomes Wanted. Sign Up Today!
: Worthington Manor, 8329 Fingerboard Road, Urbana
GGCC MEMBERS: FREE (incl. in membership); NON-MEMBERS: FREE for First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $40.
: Smokey Glen Farm Barbequers, Inc., 16407 Riffle Ford Road, Gaithersburg
Cost: FREE. Advance Registration Requested.
Where: Ultimate Building & Design, 7601 Airpark Road, Suite E, Gaithersburg
Cost: FREE. Advance Registration Requested.
Wednesday, September 21
Where: Pieology Pizzeria, 15780 Shady Grove Road, Gaithersburg
Economic Development Committee Meeting
GGCC Members Only
: Montgomery College Germantown Campus Paul Peck Building (Goldenrod Bldg), 20271 Goldenrod Lane Room 105, Germantown
Wednesday, September 21
An Evening of Networking: Joint with the Frederick Chamber
Free. GGCC & FCC Members Only!
: Comus Inn, 23900 Old Hundred Road, Dickerson
Cost: Free. Open to Young Professional's Only (21-40). Advance registration is requested. Register at: https://goo.gl/eSfTUf.
Where: Miller's Ale House, 1471 Rockville Pike, Rockville
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
The fourth seminar in the GGCC Entrepreneur Breakfast series – “Evolution is Essential for Entrepreneurs - Are you sure you are heading in the right direction?" will be held on Thursday, October 13 from 7:45-9:30 am at the Montgomery College, BioScience Education Center, 20200 Observation Drive, Germantown. Cost: $20.
The morning will begin with a keynote speaker, followed by a panel discussion of entrepreneurs.
We are searching for a title sponsor? Interested? Let us know at email@example.com.
And don't forget to register now for this great breakfast at:
names are NOW DUE!!
Please send them to me ASAP
at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- The City of Gaithersburg annual Labor Day Parade will be held on Monday, September 5 at 1:00 pm. The parade features will wind through East Diamond and Russell Avenues in Olde Towne Gaithersburg. For more information, visit www.gaithersburgmd.gov.
- Support wounded, injured & ill combat veterans at Pinky & Pepe's Grape Escape $2 Million Dollar Celebration supporting Operation Second Chance on Thursday, September 8 from 6-9:00 pm. Live music & a complimentary wine & beer tasting will be happening at this red carpet event. Pinky & Pepe's Grape Escape is located at 223 Kentlands Boulevard in Gaithersburg.
- Join Small Business University, a program of Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union, on the third Thursday of each month between 7:00 am-8:30 am. Start your morning with great networking followed by an inspiring speaker each month. This month's speaker (September 15) is GGCC Member Laura Van Eperen, Founder of Van Eperen who will discuss "Nail Your Brand Message and Deliver It Wisely " including insight and tips with Q&A. More info / register, click here.
- You can now pick your own gala apples at Butler's Orchard. Hours are: Tuesday-Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm & Saturday & Sunday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. Butler's is located at 22222 Davis Mill Road in Germantown.
- Do you know someone with a serious illness who needs support? Volunteer Helping Hands, Hospice Caring's patient and family program, offers short-term, practical, social and emotional support for people of all ages with a serious illness and no reasonable prospect of a cure, If you know someone who could benefit from these services, contact Penny Gladhill at 301-990-0852.
- Labor Day Weekend Double Header at Downtown Crown Wine and Beer. Thursday, September 1st, 5-8:00 pm: Texas Wine and BBQ pairing event. Three small Urban Bar-B-Que BBQ plates paired with three McPherson Cellar wines from Texas for 10 dollars. And Friday, September 2nd, 5-8:00 pm, it's the Labor of Love party with a 22 line tap take over with Dogfish Head Beer, highlighted by 120 Minute IPA, 2014 Raison D'Extra, Seaquench Ale and 19 others. DTC is located at 303 Copley Place in Gaithersburg.
- BlackRock Center for the Arts will present the award-winning Nathan Williams and Zydeco Cha-Chas from Louisiana on Friday, September 23 at 8:00 pm to kick off its season. Tickets are $39-47 and can be purchased in person, by phone 301.528.2260, or online at blackrockcenter.org.
- Now in its 21st season, the Gaithersburg Winter Lights Festival has become a much-anticipated holiday tradition for families in the Washington area A portion of the ticket sales from the Festival benefits charities that help hundreds of people in our community. In anticipation of the 2016 event, qualified nonprofit and not-for-profit organizations are invited to apply now for beneficiary status. Application forms are available online at www.gaithersburgmd.gov, or contact Ilana Guttin with the Department of Parks, Recreation and Culture at 301-258-6350 or by e-mail at email@example.com. The application deadline is September 30.
- Join TITLE Boxing Club, 10028 Darnestown Road, Rockville, this month and receive a free backpack (certain restrictions apply). More information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On August 31 join Cornerstone Montgomery for a VIP Rum Tasting at Paladar Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar in Rockville from 4:30-7:00 pm. The bar will be open, the Latin food options will be endless, and the conversations will be robust. Support Cornerstone Montgomery's capital campaign to renovate #2 Taft Court in Rockville.
- During the month of August, play two rounds at Blue Mash Golf Course before 2 pm and get a third round played in the same week free. For further details visit www.bluemash.com.
- The Gaithersburg Book Festival wants high school students to express their creativity in the seventh annual short story contest & they have the freedom to write about whatever they want. To participate in the short story contest, students must be enrolled in grades 9-12 at a public or private school, or be in a homeschool program, for the 2016-17 school year, and must reside in Maryland, Virginia or the District of Columbia. Stories must be submitted as a Word document to email@example.com by midnight ET on Friday, February 17, 2017. Complete rules and regulations can be found online at http://gaithersburgbookfestival.org/gbf-programs/short-story-contest/.
- For a limited time, Nothing Bundt Cakes is offering companies 5% off holiday pre-orders. And to sweeten the deal, orders placed by August 31, 2016 will get double the discount. And, if your are interested in setting up a corporate account, the above incentive pricing would be in addition to the tiered pricing discount corporate accounts are already entitled to. Contact Caitlyn at 240.224.7440.
- Summer may be coming to an end but there is still time to experience the Lakefront, Now through September 1, snap a photo of you or others at RIO Washingtonian and share it for your chance to win a night out on the Lakefront. Click here for more information and to enter.