Tuesday, October 21
Economic Development Committee Meeting
Topic: Upcounty Development Updates: Cabin Branch Project, Clarksburg; Black Hills, Germantown; Lerner Enterprises Update on the Transportation Trust Fund Referendum
Cost: GGCC Members Only!
Montgomery College Germantown Campus, Paul Peck Building (Goldenrod Bldg) 20271 Goldenrod Lane Room, Germantown n
Wednesday, October 22
Young Professionals Group Happy Hour
Cost: Free for GGCC Members & First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $40
Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg 620 Perry Parkway Gaithersburg
Thursday, October 23
Networking Tips / Member Orientation Part II
Cost: GGCC Members Only
Mid-Atlantic FCU 12820 Wisteria Drive Germantown
Tuesday, October 28
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Celebration Committee Dinner Meeting
Cost: GGCC Members Only
GGCC, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, Gaithersburg
Wednesday, October 29
11:30 am-1:00 pm
Business Card Exchange Lunch: BC Steak
Cost: $20 Members & First-Time Non-Members / $40 Returning Non-Members
BC Steakhouse-Silver Birch Bar 15710 Shady Grove Road Gaithersburg
Friday, October 31
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: Hand and Stone Massage
Cost: Free for All
Hand and Stone Massage and Facial Spa 217 Kentlands Boulevard Gaithersburg
Thursday, November 6
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: Launch Workplaces
Cost: Free for All
Launch Workplaces @ Rio 9841 Washingtonian Blvd, Suite 200 Gaithersburg
Friday, November 7
11:30 am-1:00 pm
Women Balancing Life & Business Committee Luncheon
Topic: TOPIC: Personal Branding - How do you stand out in a crowd?
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg 2 Montgomery Village Avenue Gaithersburg
Wednesday, November 12
Business Networking Before Nine
Cost: Free for GGCC Members & First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $40.
Johns Hopkins University Montgomery County Campus 9601 Medical Center Drive, Rockville
Thursday November 20
Business Networking After Five
Cost: Free for All with a donation of a "new / unwrapped" toy donation to Toys for Tots!!
Pinky and Pepe's Grape Escape 223 Kentlands Blvd. Gaithersburg
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
- The Gaithersburg Police Foundation (GPF) is hosting its second Pasta for Police event at Mamma Lucia, 14921 Shady Grove Road, on October 22 from 5:00 pm until closing. 20% of its sales will be donated to the GPF which helps support the police department with items that fall outside its operating budget, such as K9 training gear & a device to help find missing persons or fleeing suspects. For more information contact Chris O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bring the family to a pumpkin festival this October. Every Saturday, Butler’s Orchard in Germantown will hold its 34th Annual festival from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. Butler's Orchard is located at 22200 Davis Mill Road in Germantown. For more information, click here.
- Brooklyn-based Americana band Roosevelt Dime will perform at BlackRock Center for the Arts one night only on Thursday, October 23 at 7:30 pm. In their music, Roosevelt Dime blends elements of acoustic jug-band blues, classic New Orleans soul, and neo-folk. Tickets are $15 - $28 and can be by calling 240.912.1058, or online at blackrockcenter.org.
- Avison Young has announced the strategic hiring of a new five-member agency leasing team to launch the company’s landlord representation business in the nation’s capital. Eli Barnes, Will Stern, Jonathan Wellborn and Greg Tomasso join Avison Young as Principals, while Kate Oelschig becomes a Senior Associate. Barnes, Stern, Wellborn and Oelschig join Avison Young from Cassidy Turley, and Tomasso comes from Akridge. Welcome Everyone!
- Volunteers will be helping to collect food on Saturday and Sunday, October 25 and 26 from 11:00 am - 5:00 pm for Manna Food Center. 21 Giant Grocery Stores in Montgomery County are participating. Click here to find out if your local Giant will be collecting donations! Stop by, make a donation, and help thousands of our neighbors in need.
- Cafe Rio is hosting a breast cancer awareness fundraiser with local non profit For3Sisters on Wednesday, October 22 from 4:00-9:00 pm. They will be collecting monetary donation at the Germantown location (20680 Seneca Meadows Parkway) all week and on Wednesday they will be donating 20% of all sales. You can also show your support on Wednesday and wear pink - prizes will be given out for the the most creative outfit. For more information, visit. www.caferio.com.
- Save-the-date of Sunday, November 23, from 4:00-7:00 pm for Pinky & Pepe's Grape Escape Second Annual "Bubbles and Bites Night" at the Kentlands Mansion to benefit Toys for Tots. Three rooms will be set up full of nothing but fabulous bubbles from all over the world - Prosecco, Cava, Champagne, Sparkling. The dining room will be set up with wonderful "bites" to accompany your bubbles. Tickets will go on sale at their store soon, so stay tuned. Cocktail attire is requested.
- Attend BB&T Bank's free, on-site, one-day document shredding event and secure yourself against identity theft on Saturday, October 25 (rain date Nov. 1) from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm at 467 N Frederick Ave in Gaithersburg. All shredded documents are recycled.
- Millstone At Kingsview will be hosting a Fall Open House on Saturday, October 25 from 12-5:00 pm. The event is open to all individuals seeking a new apartment home as well as current residents. There will be vendors, food, games, a raffle drawing and a DJ. A portion of the event proceeds will go towards the Susan G Komen charity in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. They are located at 13611 Ale House Circle in Germantown.
- Join Family Services, Inc. at their Annual Halloween Hustle 5k/1k Fun Run on Saturday, October 25 at 8:30 am. Click here to register or call Erica Henze at 301-840-3225.
- Hospice Caring will hold its 25th Anniversary BOWL-A-THON on Saturday, October 25 from 2:00-5:00 pm at Bowl America, 1101 Clopper Road in Gaithersburg. Invite your family and friends to form a team of 3 or 4 and collect pledges to support Hospice Caring. Click here to print a registration form. There is a $10 fee per person for two games and shoes. Please send your registration form and fee to Hospice Caring at 518 South Frederick Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD.
- Tickets for Metropolitan Ballet Theatre and Academy's 26th annual production of The Nutcracker (Dec 5-7 & 12-14, 2014) are on sale now. To purchase tickets: call 301-762-1757 or click here (online sales will close 12 hours prior to each performance time or as tickets sell out).
- Now in its 20th year, the City of Gaithersburg Holiday Giving Program may be called upon to serve as many as 900 local families in need this season. For more information, download the Holiday Giving brochure online or contact Lisette Orellana at email@example.com, or call 301-258-6395 x2.
- Chazin & Company announced their 2nd Annual HUHO Mega Drive. They will be collecting items through December 15 to support the following organizations: Shepherd’s Table (requested items: deodorant, disposable razors, toothbrushes and travel size toothpaste); MANNA Food Center ((requested items: non-perishable food); ChildHelp USA (requested Items: blankets, toys). Items can be donated at their office: 702 Russell Avenue, Suite 470 in Gaithersburg.
- Launch Workplaces is now booking 2014 corporate galas & holiday parties. For more details contact Mark McMahon at 301-232-3301 or firstname.lastname@example.org