COME CELEBRATE WITH US!
Join us at our biggest bash of the year the "Annual Celebration Dinner and Awards Ceremony - Celebrating 67 Years!
" Each year we take a moment to reflect on the past year’s successes at the dinner; and there is no better way to do this than to celebrate with the Chamber and its members
. Sponsorship's are still available and this is the perfect way to get big exposure. We hope you'll add your name to the committed sponsors. And of course tickets are on sale too! For further details, to sponsor or to register, click here.
Who says networking can't be fun!
Thursday, November 17
Cost: Admission = a donation of a "new / unwrapped" toy donation to Toys for Tots!
Where: Pinky and Pepe's Grape Escape, 223 Kentlands Blvd., Gaithersburg
Cost: Free for All. Advance registration requested.
Where: Potomac Care Pharmacy, 12103 Darnestown Road, North Potomac
Thursday, November 24 - Friday, November 25
GGCC Office Closed
About: The GGCC is proud to support Small Business Saturday® and encourages you to "shop small, shop local"!
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS: FREE (incl. in membership); NON-MEMBERS: FREE for First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $40.
Where: BlackRock Center for the Arts, 12901 Town Commons Drive, Germantown, MD 20874
Cost: Free for All. Advance registration requested.
Where: Ultimate Building & Design, 7601 Airpark Road, Suite E, Gaithersburg
Cost: Free, advance registration required
Thursday, December 8
Where: National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence, 9700 Great Seneca Highway, Rockville
Annual Celebration Dinner & Awards Ceremony
$100 (Early Bird until 11.1.16) / $125 per person / Sponsorship's Varying Levels Available
: Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, 2 Montgomery Village Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Cost: YPG Ticket - $10 donation to a local non-profit
Where: Ted's Montana Grill, 105 Ellington Boulevard, Gaithersburg
Wegmans Food Markets, Scheer Partners, Inc., DuClaw Brewing Co.
GGCC MEMBERS: FREE (incl. in membership); NON-MEMBERS: Pay $40
: GGCC, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N (North Building), Gaithersburg
Cost: Free for All. Advance registration requested.
Where: Seneca Creek Community Church, 13 Firstfield Road, Suite 100, Gaithersburg
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
We want to extend a warm welcome to members who have joined the Chamber in recent weeks. We're happy to have you as members!
Happy Anniversary to these Chamber Members! We LOVE our Chamber Members. Congratulations on your milestone.
on their members behalf more effectively
with a larger membership base. So Everyone Wins!
We are currently hosting the 2016 Membership Campaign.
How the Campaign Works:
- Campaign Runs Now through November 17, 2016.
- Members: SPONSOR a NEW MEMBER to JOIN now through November 17 and YOU will receive $50 CASH. YEP, $50!
- Non-Members: And your referral RECEIVES a one-time $50 discount on your MEMBERSHIP dues when you JOIN the GGCC now through November 17 (certain restrictions apply).
Members - we encourage YOU to bring in AS MANY NEW MEMBERS AS YOU WANT! Together we are stronger!
The best method of recruitment
is still word of mouth
, so brag about the chamber
and help us grow. Encourage them to make an investment in their business
Need the proper tools to help you? Here is a link to Join Page
, Benefits Page
and our Membership Application Page
The Chamber provides numerous services for members, including networking and professional development, an electricity discount program, free and low cost marketing, government affairs programs and advocacy to encourage a positive business climate in the Upcounty.
For additional information, contact Donna Rimple at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.840.1400 x17. And thank you in advance for your commitment to the GGCC!
- TURKEYS NEEDED PLEASE! Montgomery Village Middle School has reached out to the community for holiday food assistance. Twenty-five student families are in need of a turkey this Thanksgiving. If you can donate a turkey to their holiday drive, please contact Denise Fredericks at 240-630-0609 or email@example.com.
- The City of Gaithersburg’s Constitution Gardens, a unique, repurposed nature play space that opened in Olde Towne in the fall of 2015, recently received the Grand Award in the Commercial Landscape (Design/Build) category from the Landscape Contractors Association of Maryland, DC and Virginia. This Excellence in Landscape award was presented to J&G Landscape Design along with designers Nancy Striniste, Mary Sper and Lauren Wheeler. Congratulations!!
- Everybody loves a parade, especially the Thanksgiving Parade in Downtown Silver Spring. On November 19, at 10:00 am the reverberating drums of the marching bands herald the coming of the Montgomery County Thanksgiving Parade even before catching site of the giant inflatable turkey and Santa bringing up the rear. See the flyer for more information.
- Metro SafeTrack - Oct 29 – Nov 22: Surges will significantly impact service on the Red Line so expect extreme crowding, fewer trains & major delays along the entire Red Line. Seek commuting alternatives. More information, click here.
- In partnership with Downtown Crown Wine and Beer (DTC) and Family Services, Inc., Downtown Crown will host Festival of Thanks on Saturday, November 19 from 1:00 - 4:00 pm. The fall festival invites the community to explore the businesses, restaurants and shops at Downtown Crown while raising funds to support Family Services, Inc.'s efforts. Festival of Thanks is a free event open to the public and includes a beer garden by DTC, sampling of Downtown Crown signature dishes, music, a photo booth. lawn games, giveaways and more.
- Ride On is looking for Montgomery County residents who use the bus service and would like to volunteer to serve on the Transit Advisory Group, which provides a user perspective to the Division of Transit Services. Members serve a two-year term. Expressions of interest are due November 15. More information is available online..
- Join Small Business University, a program of Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union, on the third Thursday of each month between 7:00 am-8:30 am. Start your morning with great networking followed by an inspiring speaker each month. This month's speaker (November 17) is Tameka Montgomery, Associate Administrator, Office of Entrepreneurial Development, US Small Business Administration who will discuss "Is your Business idea Valid?". More info / register, click here
- Crown Trophy now has the ability to add color to substrates such as wood, plastic, glass, metal and more. Check them out at www.crowntrophy.com or call/email them at 301-963-3570 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cornerstone Montgomery works to secure at least one gift for each of their 212 residential clients, most of whom have no family or little interaction with their family. It’s a great way of showing them they are cared about, and that they deserve a little something special during this gift-giving time of year. Cornerstone Montgomery’s clients’ holiday wish lists is on Amazon; click here to see the wish list. If yyour organization would like to do a Holiday Gift Drive, contact Annette Rauh at email@example.com or 301-896-4286.
Help us ensure another happy holiday season for Cornerstone Montgomery’s residents.
- Want to meet the SugarPlum Fairy, the Snow Queen and other characters before you see the performance of the Metropolitan Ballet Theatre's The Nutcracker? You are cordially invited to join them at their SugarPlum Tea Party in November onSunday, November 20. Seatings at 10am, 12pm, and 2pm. Tickets, click here.
- Make a reservation at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, 106 Crown Park Avenue, Gaithersburg for their three-course seasonal menu special meal at $44.95 per person. Ruth’s Classics Seasonal Menu is a perfect way to celebrate the season or any occasion. You get a seasonal starter, an entrée with side, and dessert. Proof that you can have a big night out any time you want. To make a reservation, click here.
- Join the Peterson Companies on Friday, November 18 from 6-8:00 pm on the Lakefront Plaza (RIO / Washingtonian Center) as they kick-off the holiday season with their annual tree lighting celebration. Enjoy family-friendly events and activities including: meet Santa & Mrs. Claus, horse and carriage rides, take a spin on the carousel presented by Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center and more.
- The Kentlands Downtown Partnership invites you to participate in the Tree Lighting and Holiday Shopping Spree on Friday, December 2 from 5:00 - 8:00 pm. The tree will be lit at 5:00 pm in Market Square followed by holiday music, singing, shopping and more.
- Metropolitan Ballet Theatre (MBT) has been presenting the full-length traditional staging of The Nutcracker since 1989. MBT's The Nutcracker is a fun family tradition that will lift your spirits this holiday season. Performances: Fri. December 2 & 9 - 7:30pm; Sat. December 3 & 10 - 12pm & 4pm & Sun. December 4 & 11 - 1pm & 5pm at the Robert E. Parilla Performing Arts Center, Montgomery College, 51 Mannakee Street, Rockville.Tickets start at $19 & can be purchased by clicking here.
- It's never too early to begin planning your wine pairings for the Thanksgiving dinner table. The Downtown Crown Wine & Beer Thanksgiving Wine Festival on Saturday, November 19th from 1:00-5:00 pm will help you select the perfect wines for your Thanksgiving dinner table. They are located at 303 Copley Place, Gaithersburg
- Looking for a special gift for your employees or clients? Give a unique and exclusive gift that leaves a lasting impression from one of the Top 10: World's Best Chocolate Shop - SPAGnVOLA Chocolatier. Collections start at $14.99. For more information contact Nancy De Luca-Stempel at 301-788-3571 or firstname.lastname@example.org. SPAGnVOLA is located at 360 Main Street, Gaithersburg,
- Happy hour just got happier at Old Town Pour House, 212 Ellington Boulevard, Gaithersburg. Now featuring $4 Apps & Taps & 1/2 price wine glasses. View the new happy hour specials, click here.
- The Tuesday following Thanksgiving has been designated Giving Tuesday, a day to support all of the vital nonprofit organizations that make our communities such great places to live, work and play. For a list of GGCC Non-Profit Members that you can have the opportunity to assist & then join this nation-wide movement, click here.
- The Greene Turtle Sports Bar & Grille in Germantown has a new seasonal menu including a Colossal Crab Cake, Funnel Cake Fries and these seasonal drinks - White Cinnamon Russian, Dubliner Irish Coffee, and the Peppermint Espresso Tini. Click here to see the full menu.
- Montgomery Community Media in partnership with the Maryland/DC District Export Council, the US Commercial Service, the Maryland Department of Commerce, and the Small Business Administration present a three-hour program on the challenges and opportunities facing companies going global. The 2016 International Trade Forum will be held on Friday, December 9 at 8:30 am at Montgomery Community Media, 7548 Standish Pl, Derwood. Details / Register. click here.
- Join Montgomery Community Media for the 2016 Annual Monty Awards on November 20, 4:30 pm, at BlackRock Center for the Arts. The competition recognizes excellence in community television volunteer productions aired on the Montgomery Channel (21), Access 19, and mymcmedia.org. R.S.V.P., click here