It's time to make amends and tie up loose ends. Finish the year off strong doing what you do best - NETWORKING! We have three opportunities for you this week - the Final Week of 2016 GGCC Networking. We hope to see you!
Cost: $10 donation to Girls on the Run
Where: Ted's Montana Grill, 105 Ellington Boulevard, Gaithersburg
Wegmans Food Markets, Scheer Partners, Inc., DuClaw Brewing Co.
GGCC MEMBERS: FREE (incl. in membership); NON-MEMBERS: Pay $40
: GGCC, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N (North Building), Gaithersburg
Cost: Free for All. Advance registration requested.
Where: Seneca Creek Community Church, 13 Firstfield Road, Suite 100, Gaithersburg
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
We want to extend a warm welcome to members who have joined the Chamber in recent weeks. We're happy to have you as members!
Happy Anniversary to these Chamber Members; celebrating 5 years this past November.
Happy Anniversary to this Chamber Member; celebrating 10 years this past November.
With the holiday season before us, there is no doubt we are all thinking about shopping and the gifts we want to buy for the people in our lives. With our busy schedules and holiday parties, it’s easy to consider turning to the internet to get your shopping done. But that type of shopping often has consequences on your community. This holiday season, we encourage you to shop local
. Not only does this support your local businesses, but it has profound rewards for your community.
We're passionate about shopping local because investing in local business
is good for our regional economy. The many business owners in our region who work hard to keep their doors open, create jobs, and fill needs in our community deserve our business.
To help you get started, why not look to your fellow Chamber Members
for a product or service. Or check out our Restaurant Guide
, many of the restaurants listed have special perks when purchase gift cards - they make great stocking stuffers or a gift for one of the eight days of Hanukkah.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy local
and that is kind of the same thing!
The GGCC follows the same policy as the Montgomery County Public Schools.
The policy is as follow:
- When the County Schools are closed or there is a two-hour delay, all GGCC morning events and committee meetings are cancelled.
- Any afternoon events or committee meetings will be decided upon by 8:00 am.
- All evening events or committee meetings, will be decided upon by Noon.
- Please note there are times that an event may be held or cancelled due to the sponsoring company’s policies and/or the discretion of the GGCC.
We will keep everyone apprised via our website and social media outlets if possible and as soon as we can. Thank you.
The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce
invites members of the chamber and the community to experience the true Italy
Culture October 23, 2017
Learn more about this AWESOME trip
, click here
- Congratulations to City of Gaithersburg Police Corporal Jessica Duke on her promotion to the rank of Sergeant and to Officer Rico Thompson on his promotion to the rank of Corporal.
- The holiday season is here and you can help your fellow Pepco customers by giving the Gift of Energy. Pepco customers may select a dollar amount to give to someone special toward their electric bill to make their home truly joyful and bright for the holidays. To provide a gift, visit: www.pepco.com/gift, and submit a Gift of Energy form.
- Join Corner Bakery Cafe on Saturday, December 17 at 8:00 am for a breakfast your child will never forget. Eat a delicious breakfast while visiting with Santa. Bring your own camera to capture a special holiday memory. Corner Bakery is located at One Grand Corner Avenue, Gaithersburg.
- Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences is hosting an Admissions Open House Thursday, January 19 at 9:30 am, providing an overview of its preschool through 8th grade program that integrates the humanities, art, math, and science. Families who want to attend should call 301-972-0341 ext. 237.
- Give fresh, local, family fun for the holidays with the Butler's Orchard Farm Park admission for the 2017 Season. The 2017 Family Pass gives you access to their 13 seasonal pick your own crops and farm park picnic area; includes a picking bucket and box, priority trolley access, and 10% off pick your own crops. For further details, click here.
- Party at Paladar Gaithersburg this New Year's Eve. Enjoy a prix fixe menu from 4:00 pm until Midnight. To make a reservation, click here,
- Your favorite chocolate offer is back. Create your own assortment of 100 LINDOR Truffles for $30 through Thursday, 12/15. Lindt is located at 3 Grand Corner Avenue in Gaithersburg.
- Join SPAGnVOLA Chocolatier for the Argentine Tango with Wine and Chocolate on December 17 at 7:00 pm. Tickets are $9.97. For further details and/or to reserve your spot, click here.
- Join Union Jack's Rio for their New Year's Eve Little Black Dress Ball 2017 featuring 'AS IF' (ultimate 90's tribute) on December 31. Tickets are only $20 for the first 100 people. www.unionjacksrio.com
- Celebrate New Year's Eve at the Melting Pot Gaithersburg. They will have a set holiday menu that evening for $68 per person, regular dinner menu will not be available. Also available is a $25 option for children under 12. Space is limited, reservations recommended. 301.519.3638 or click here.