Friday, October 2
Friday, October 2
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: Ted's Montana Grill
Cost:: Free for All. Advance Registration Requested.
Where:Ted's Montana Grill, 105 Ellington Boulevard, Gaithersburg
Tuesday, October 6
Business Networking Before Nine
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS: FREE (incl. in membership)
NON-MEMBERS: FREE for First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $45.
Where: BlackRock Center for the Arts, 12901 Town Commons Drive, Germantown
Where: Montgomery College, BioScience Education Center, 20200 Observation Drive, Germantown
Where: Homewood Suites, 805 Russell Avenue, Gaithersburg
Where: Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union, 12820 Wisteria Drive, Germantown
Where: DVA Architects, 400 Professional Drive, Suite 200, Gaithersburg
Where: Corner Bakery Cafe, One Grand Corner Avenue, Gaithersburg
Wednesday, October 28
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Business Card Exchange Lunch
Cost: $20 for GGCC Members & First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $40
Where: Carrabba's Italian Grill, 19935 Century Boulevard, Germantown
The GGCC will be holding a Membership Campaign October 1 through November 20, 2015
We encourage YOU
to bring in AS MANY NEW MEMBERS AS YOU WANT
! Together we are stronger!
SPONSOR a NEW MEMBER to JOIN between October 1—November 20 and YOU will receive $50 CASH
. YEP, $50!
And the new member will receive a one-time $50 discount
on their MEMBERSHIP
dues when they JOIN the GGCC
during the campaign.
The best method of recruitment is still word of mouth
, so brag about the chamber and help us grow. Encourage them to make an investment
in their business & community!
The Chamber provides numerous services for members, including networking and professional development, an electricity discount program, free and low cost marketing, government affairs programs and advocacy to encourage a positive business climate in the Upcounty.
For additional information, contact Donna Rimple at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.840.1400 x17. And thank you in advance for your commitment to the GGCC!
We are so excited about our new directory for 2015-2016. We keep improving the book and this year we are upgrading the cover to be magazine perfect bound!! We will have a new design, more content and more opportunities to network with fellow members.
With that said, AD SALES HAVE BEGUN! More than 15.000 readers will touch and feel our new publication - 15,000! Don’t delay securing your placement! Contact chamber member Nancy Rhomberg to renew your current ad or make a brand new space reservation. She has special sections in our publication and it is important you contact her early to get the right placement and page. Email Nancy at 913-951-2681 or email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your support of the Chamber and this publication.
- Montgomery Country Club will host it's Membership Open House on Saturday, October 3rd from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm at 20908 Golf View Drive in Laytonsville. Features include complimentary beer, wine, heavy hors d’oeuvres and more. To RSVP, click here.
- Families from all over the area are invited to share traditional autumn activities and enjoy a country outing at Butler's Orchard's 35th Annual Pumpkin Festival. 2015 dates: September 26 & 27 , Weekends in October, plus Columbus Day, October 12. For further details, click here.
- Dogfish Head Alehouse - Gaithersburg is celebrating their 10-year anniversary on Wednesday, September 30. An all day tent event with games, pig roast, vintage and special release beers,... and giveaways. Sam Calagione will be there from 4-6:00 pm for a meet & greet so bring your swag to get autographed. They are located at 800 West Diamond Avenue in Gaithersburg. CONGRATS DOGFISH! Full details: http://fal.cn/BOUe.
- Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar is celebrating their first birthday, and they want you to join them. Stop by on Wednesday, Sept. 30 and help them celebrate with entertainment on the patio, complimentary bites and a specialty Rum Punch birthday cocktail from 4-6:00 pm. Reservations are highly encouraged, so make yours here or call them at (301) 330-4400 to join the party. CONGRATS Paladar and Happy Anniversary!
- This Thursday, October 1 from 5:00-8:00 pm Downtown Crown Wine and Beer is setting off Oktobeerfest with a bang, They've teamed up with Urban Bar-B-Que, DuClaw Brewing Co. and Logan's Sausage Company to put on an awesome brews, brats, raffle and football throw down. For $10 you get a loaded plate of Urban BBQ food including a trio of locally made, DuClaw beer marinated sausages and delicious beer infused sides + a glass of DuClaw's Mad Bishop Oktoberfest beer. DTC is located at 303 Copley Place in Gaithersburg. For more information, click here.
- October 10th is the 1st Annual OKTOBERPLEX at the Maryland SoccerPlex & Discovery Sports Center. This family fun event will have food, drinks, games, merchandise, beer, wine and more. Something for everyone! Vendors and sponsors are welcome. The event will be held at 18031 Central Park Circle in Boyds from 11:00 am - 5:00 pm. A portion of the proceeds goes towards breast cancer awareness. For more information, click here.
- Please join Montgomery Parks for the Germantown Town Center Urban Park Opening on Saturday, October 17 from 5:00-7:00 pm. Live music, tasting stations, and kid-friendly fun. Germantown Town Center Urban Park is a wonderful new park featuring trails, boardwalks, unique artistic components and seating areas, grassy gathering spots and lighting overlooking terraces. It’s a perfect new spot , adjacent to the Germantown Library and BlackRock Center for the Arts, to read a book, have lunch or meet friends.
- Boot Camp for Human Resources Professionals: 10/14-16 offering 17 SHRM certification continuing education credits. Designed to give HR professionals more training in financial acumen, strategic planning, and process improvement. Kaplan University-Rockville: JBrantley2@kaplan.edu, 301-766-3652.
- The Universities at Shady Grove will host an Open House for an exclusive look at the current design concepts for USG’s new Biomedical Science & Engineering Education Facility set to open Fall 2018 on Thursday, October 15 at 3:30 pm at the USG Building II Multipurpose Room, 9630 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville. Stop by to learn more about the growth of the USG Campus. Cooper Carry and Lake | Flato Architects will display drawings, video walk-throughs, interior room layouts including furniture and material samples, wall treatments and furniture coverings.
- Rockin’ Jump Gaithersburg, the ultimate trampoline park is celebrating its half-year anniversary in Gaithersburg and they want to celebrate with us! All Chamber member companies and their employees, mention your company’s name and the GGCC and you can jump one hour for $12.00 (Regular 1 hour price $16.00—25% off); jump for 30 minutes $8.00 (27% off regular price of $11.00) - Mondays through Thursdays 3-8:00 pm. Unlimited purchases for jumps between Now – November 15, 2015 Holidays excluded. No experience necessary, and the only equipment you need is our Rockin’ Jump socks (reusable, $2.00). Sign waiver and learn more at: www.MDM.rockinjump.com or call 301 703-3707.
- Check out Manna Food Center's newly re-designed website by GGCC Member Web Mobile Image, LLC. The new site offers a wealth of information,including embedded videos, the Manna nutrition and advocacy blog, and live Facebook and Twitter feeds. Visit the new site - click here- to give help, get help, and end hunger.
- Junior Achievement is looking for volunteers to teach financial literacy programs for students in MCPS. Volunteers visit the classroom for 45 minutes each week to teach lessons about making smart financial choices. Schools that are participating this fall include Rocky Hill Middle School, John T. Baker Middle School and Kingsview Middle School. You do not need to have a background in finance or teaching to be a successful volunteer. All you need is enthusiasm for working with students and a willingness to share your story. Training, curriculum and support is provided by JA Staff. Please contact Amanda Parsley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-838-0471.
- Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland at The Melting Pot Gaithersburg for a fundraising night on Thursday, October 1 from 5:00-10:00 pm. You can make a reservation HERE - or simply show up. Don't forget to mention HFHMM.
- Tickets are on sale to BlackRock Center for the Arts 2015-2016 season of music, dance, theater, family programming and film. Join them for an Opening Weekend full of jazz on October 3rd and 4th with the Hot Sardines and Kellylee Evans. For more information, visit: www.blackrockcenter.org.
- Pinky & Pepe of Pinky & Pepe's Grape Escape are partnering with Boulevard Tavern for an Italian Wine Dinner with Master Sommelier Michael Meagher hosting on Thursday October 1 at 6:30 pm. To reserve your spot, call Pinky at 301-869-WINE (9463).
- The Montgomery Village Foundation Great Pumpkin Race and Fall Festival will be held on Saturday, October 10 from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm at the North Creek Community Center, 20125 Arrowhead Road, Montgomery Village. The Great Pumpkin Race is a unique side-by-side, single elimination race featuring handcrafted, decorated pumpkin race cars. The Pumpkin Race caps off the fall festival events, including live music, great food, and plenty of children's activities during this family centered day. For further details, click here.
- Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union invites you to its next Small Business University
with featured presenter Gerard Cardillo, Senior Director Sourcing Operations & Procurement at MedImmune/AstraZeneca who will discuss Get the Order on Thursday October 15 from 7:00-8:30 am at Montgomery Community Media, 7548 Standish Place in Rockville. To register, click here.
- Worthington Manor Golf Club is a supporter of the Unity Campaign for Frederick 2015. This effort raises funds for 20 local non-profit organizations addressing basic human needs and providing services for at-risk children and youth. Consider donating at www.unityfrederick.com which 100% of donated funds help support local non-profits.
- All current and “would-be” entrepreneurs, professionals, business owners and representatives, product and service-oriented sales/specialists are invited to eWomenNetwork of Montgomery Country, MD's October 8th Accelerated Networking Luncheon - Up Your Impact, Your Impact and Income - at Lakewood Country Club from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm. For further details contact Carol Plummer at email@example.com.
- Join Hospice Caring for their annual BOWL-A-THON on Saturday, October 17 from 3:00-5:00 pm at Bowl America, 1101 Clopper Road, Gaithersburg. For further details and/or to sign up now, click here.
- The AARP Foundation and Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland are working together to bring Habitat affiliates in the DC Metro area together to discuss housing needs of low-income seniors. The learning exchange will offer Habitat affiliates and other community organizations the tools and knowledge to better serve older adults through a holistic support system. For more information, visit: www.habitatmm.org.
- Plan your dream wedding all in one place at the Kentlands Mansion Fall Bridal Showcase on Sunday, October 25, from 12:00-4:00 pm. The Mansion is located at 320 Kent Square Road in Gaithersburg. Admission is $5 per person at the door. For information and directions, visit www.gaithersburgmd.gov or call 301-258-6425.