You’re Invited to the Can’t Miss Event of the Fall - “Are Entrepreneur’s Born or Made”: GGCC Entrepreneur Breakfast Series
on Thursday, October 8
from 7:45-9:30 am at the Montgomery College, BioScience Education Center, 20200 Observation Drive, Germantown. Cost: $15.
The morning will begin with our Keynote Speaker Oliver Schlake, Ph. D.
, a Clinical Professor at the Robert H. Smith School of Business who will speak on “Are Entrepreneurs Born or Made
”. He will be followed by a panel discussion of "home- grown" entrepreneurs
. Each panelist will share their "entrepreneur" story, what motivated them to take the entrepreneurial leap, and they will answer the question—“are entrepreneurs born or made
Monday, October 5
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: Ted's Montana Grill
Cost:: Free for All. Advance Registration Requested.
Where:Ted's Montana Grill, 105 Ellington Boulevard, Gaithersburg
Tuesday, October 6
Business Networking Before Nine
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS: FREE (incl. in membership)
NON-MEMBERS: FREE for First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $45.
Where: BlackRock Center for the Arts, 12901 Town Commons Drive, Germantown
Where: Montgomery College, BioScience Education Center, 20200 Observation Drive, Germantown
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
Where: Homewood Suites, 805 Russell Avenue, Gaithersburg
Where: Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union, 12820 Wisteria Drive, Germantown
Where: DVA Architects, 400 Professional Drive, Suite 200, Gaithersburg
Where: Corner Bakery Cafe, One Grand Corner Avenue, Gaithersburg
Wednesday, October 28
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Business Card Exchange Lunch
Cost: $20 for GGCC Members & First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $40
Where: Carrabba's Italian Grill, 19935 Century Boulevard, Germantown
The GGCC will be holding a Membership Campaign October 1 through November 20, 2015
. We encourage YOU
to bring in AS MANY NEW MEMBERS AS YOU WANT
! Together we are stronger!
SPONSOR a NEW MEMBER to JOIN between October 1—November 20 and YOU will receive $50 CASH
. YEP, $50!
And the new member will receive a one-time $50 discount
on their MEMBERSHIP
dues when they JOIN the GGCC
during the campaign.
The best method of recruitment is still word of mouth
, so brag about the chamber and help us grow. Encourage them to make an investment
in their business & community!
The Chamber provides numerous services for members, including networking and professional development, an electricity discount program, free and low cost marketing, government affairs programs and advocacy to encourage a positive business climate in the Upcounty.
For additional information, contact Donna Rimple at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.840.1400 x17. And thank you in advance for your commitment to the GGCC!
We are so excited about our new directory for 2015-2016. We keep improving the book and this year we are upgrading the cover to be magazine perfect bound!! We will have a new design, more content and more opportunities to network with fellow members.
With that said, AD SALES HAVE BEGUN! More than 15.000 readers will touch and feel our new publication - 15,000! Don’t delay securing your placement! Contact chamber member Nancy Rhomberg to renew your current ad or make a brand new space reservation. She has special sections in our publication and it is important you contact her early to get the right placement and page. Email Nancy at 913-951-2681 or email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your support of the Chamber and this publication.
- Congratulations to Johns Hopkins University who climbed to 10th in the newest U.S. News & World Report "Best Colleges Rankings." The university has worked comprehensively to enhance and strengthen the undergraduate experience. JHU has expanded research opportunities, built and renovated state-of-the-art academic buildings and introduced new co-curricular offerings. Read more, click here.
- Families from all over the area are invited to share traditional autumn activities and enjoy a country outing at Butler's Orchard's 35th Annual Pumpkin Festival. 2015 dates: Weekends in October, plus Columbus Day, October 12. For further details, click here.
- TLC-The Treatment and Learning Centers invites you to its 65th Anniversary Celebration on Thursday, October 22 from 6:45-9:00 pm at the Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center. They will be recognizing the 2015 Champions of TLC who include: Geico, Conrad and Lois Aschenbach and their family, J. Richard Ward, and Sylvia Valdivia. For further details / register, visit: http://ttlc.org/support-tlc/gala_65/.
- It is time to roll up your sleeves for Montgomery County’s Community Service Week, scheduled for Oct. 16 – 22. Take a look at this Montgomery Community Media video on how you can support the community. Or to sign up to volunteer at the Montgomery County Volunteer Center website or call 240.777.2608.
- October 10th is the 1st Annual OKTOBERPLEX at the Maryland SoccerPlex & Discovery Sports Center. This family fun event will have food, drinks, games, merchandise, beer, wine and more. Something for everyone! Vendors and sponsors are welcome. The event will be held at 18031 Central Park Circle in Boyds from 11:00 am - 5:00 pm. A portion of the proceeds goes towards breast cancer awareness. For more information, click here.
- Join the Gaithersburg Book Festival for An Evening with Frederick Forsyth on Wednesday, October 7 from 7:00-9:00 pm at the Gaithersburg Library. Forsyth is the author of 15 internationally best-selling novels and two short story collections. A former pilot and print and television reporter for Reuters and the BBC, in 2012 he won the Diamond Dagger award from the Crime Writers’ Association for a career of sustained excellence. This event is free, but seating is limited and first come, first served. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early. Books will be for sale onsite.
- Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences is hosting their first Open House on Friday, October 9th at 9:30 am. It is a great way to get a sense of their mission of Joy, Support and Excellence. Barnesville School serves students age 3 through 8th grade. Learn more at: www.barnesvilleschool.org.
- Please join Montgomery Parks for the Germantown Town Center Urban Park Opening on Saturday, October 17 from 5:00-7:00 pm. Live music, tasting stations, and kid-friendly fun. Germantown Town Center Urban Park is a wonderful new park featuring trails, boardwalks, unique artistic components and seating areas, grassy gathering spots and lighting overlooking terraces. It’s a perfect new spot , adjacent to the Germantown Library and BlackRock Center for the Arts, to read a book, have lunch or meet friends.
- It's Rum appreciation month throughout the month of October at Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar. Quench your thirst with Paladar's specialty Rum Punch cocktail, or a Pumpkin Spice Mojito, made with Paladar rum, Chairman’s spiced rum, pumpkin puree and spiced simple syrup. You can also explore their Rum Flights and choose among eight aged rums. Paladar is located at 203 Crown Park Avenue in Gaithersburg.
- Boot Camp for Human Resources Professionals: 10/14-16 offering 17 SHRM certification continuing education credits. Designed to give HR professionals more training in financial acumen, strategic planning, and process improvement. Kaplan University-Rockville: JBrantley2@kaplan.edu, 301-766-3652.
- Mark Avallone, MBA, CFP®, CRPS®, President of Potomac Wealth Advisors, is now a regular contributor to Forbes, with a focus on personal finance issues that face Gen X and the Affluent Middle Class. His most recent articles have been: "Back to Private School? How to Tell if You Can Afford the Pricey Tuition" and "High-Income, High Tax, and Low Savings: 3 Financial Tips to Help Break the Gen X Poverty Triangle". It’s easy to follow Mark on Forbes so to get the latest on these hot topics, please click here.
- Junior Achievement is looking for volunteers to teach financial literacy programs for students in MCPS. Volunteers visit the classroom for 45 minutes each week to teach lessons about making smart financial choices. Schools that are participating this fall include Rocky Hill Middle School, John T. Baker Middle School and Kingsview Middle School. You do not need to have a background in finance or teaching to be a successful volunteer. All you need is enthusiasm for working with students and a willingness to share your story. Training, curriculum and support is provided by JA Staff. Please contact Amanda Parsley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-838-0471.
- Spend the holidays relaxing with friends and family, not checking the kitchen timer. Book your private dining or catered event at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse by 11/1/15 and receive a $50 bonus card for every $500 you spend. For further details contact Susan Pendy at 301-990-1926.
- Are you looking for educated, dependable, and skilled entry-level employees? The Corporate Volunteer Council of Montgomery County, Kaplan University, and Cornerstone Montgomery are a hosting a free job fair on Thursday, November 12th where you will find your next all-star employees. Please share this with your HR department or contact Sarah Burnett at the Corporate Volunteer Council at 240.292.9282 or email@example.com before October 23rd to learn more and secure your spot for this event.
- Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. wants to show you easy steps for sweet, caramelized, perfectly roasted veggies every time. To view the video, click here.
- Tickets are on sale to BlackRock Center for the Arts 2015-2016 season of music, dance, theater, family programming and film. More information, visit: www.blackrockcenter.org.
- The Montgomery Village Foundation Great Pumpkin Race and Fall Festival will be held on Saturday, October 10 from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm at the North Creek Community Center, 20125 Arrowhead Road, Montgomery Village. The Great Pumpkin Race is a unique side-by-side, single elimination race featuring handcrafted, decorated pumpkin race cars. The Pumpkin Race caps off the fall festival events, including live music, great food, and plenty of children's activities during this family centered day. For further details, click here.
- Support BlackRock Center for the Arts and sample some of the world's finest single cask, single malt scotch whiskeys, not available on the retail market, in an entertaining evening presented by The Scotch Malt Whisky Society of America on Saturday, November 7 at 7:00 pm. Ticket price includes five rare whiskies and paired small plates inspired by tasting notes from each limited edition bottle. For further details, click here.
- Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union invites you to its next Small Business University
- with featured presenter Gerard Cardillo, Senior Director Sourcing Operations & Procurement at MedImmune/AstraZeneca who will discuss Get the Order on Thursday October 15 from 7:00-8:30 am at Montgomery Community Media, 7548 Standish Place in Rockville. To register, click here.
- Worthington Manor Golf Club's picturesque country setting offers the ideal location for a Holiday Party. Their staff will cater all your banquet needs to assure your event is festive. From a lavish cocktail and hors-d'oeuvre party to an elegant banquet they're prepared to accommodate your specific needs. For more information visit their Outings, Banquets & Meetings page.
- Centra Care Adventist HealthCare Urgent Care is providing 75 free flu shots for anyone ages 4 years and older on the following Fridays: October 9, 16, 23 & 30. Centra Care is open from 8:00 am - 8:00 pm. on Rockville Pike. Walk in or schedule an online, no wait reservation.
- Join Hospice Caring for their annual BOWL-A-THON on Saturday, October 17 from 3:00-5:00 pm at Bowl America, 1101 Clopper Road, Gaithersburg. For further details and/or to sign up now, click here.