Tuesday, April 21
Economic Development Committee Meeting
Transportation Briefing with Rich Parsons, Suburban Maryland Transportation Alliance
: GGCC Members Only Please
: Montgomery College Germantown Campus, Paul Peck Building (Goldenrod Bldg), 20271 Goldenrod Lane, Room 105, Germantown
Wednesday, April 22
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Business Card Exchange Lunch
Cost: $20 for GGCC Members/ $40 Non-Members
Special Presentation: "Healthy Living in the Workplace" by Mindy Pierce of LifeWork Strategies
Where / Sponsored By:
Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar, 203 Crown Park Ave., Gaithersburg
Cost:: GGCC Members Only
Where: GGCC Office, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, Gaithersburg
Thursday, April 30
Monday, May 4 - Friday, May 8
National Small Business Week
: Every year since 1963, the President of the United States has issued a proclamation announcing National Small Business Week, which recognizes the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners. More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business, and they create about two out of every three new jobs in the U.S. each year. As part of National Small Business Week, the U.S. Small Business Administration & the GGCC takes the opportunity to highlight the impact of outstanding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and others from all 50 states and U.S. territories. Every day, they’re working to grow small businesses, create 21st century jobs, drive innovation, and increase America’s global competitiveness
: In Your Neighborhood!
Wednesday, May 6
Networking Picnic & 3-Year YPG Celebration
Cost:: $25, GGCC Members / $35,Non-Members ALL ARE INVITED!!
Smokey Glen Farm, 16407 Riffle Ford Road, Gaithersburg
Red Brick Courthouse, 2nd Floor, 29 Courthouse Square, Rockville
Where: Kentlands Mansion, 320 Kent Square Road, Gaithersburg
Wednesday, May 27
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
Business Networking Before Nine
Cost:: Free for GGCC Member and First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members Pay $40
Launch Workplaces, 9841 Washingtonian Blvd., Gaithersburg
The Following Members Joined the Month of March 2015
Apex Rehab, LLC -
806 West Diamond Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
email@example.com / 301- 548-0501
Coach and Connect -
14267 Harpers Ferry Road, Purcellville, VA 20132
firstname.lastname@example.org / 301-717-1444
Delivering Opportunities thru Vocational Ed. Services -
438 N. Frederick Avenue, Suite 215, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
email@example.com / 240-720-3540
Rockin' Jump -
18620 Woodfield Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20879
firstname.lastname@example.org / 301-703-3707
Shanco Companies, Inc. -
7609 Airpark Road, Suite H, Gaithersburg, MD 20879
email@example.com / 301-208-0848
Sherman Wealth Management, LLC -
9841 Washingtonian Blvd., Suite 247, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
firstname.lastname@example.org / 240-428-1622
Family Services, Inc.
City of Gaithersburg
Germantown Chiropractic Center
Germantown Copy Center
Halo Branded Solutions
Grimm and Associates, P.A.
- Country Casual has once again participated in this year's #2015DCDesignHouse. You can tour the house and you can vote for your favorite space. But we like to be bias and hope you will vote for Space #1 - Front Porch by Nicolette Powell and John LeMieux of Country Casual. To purchase your general admission tickets, visit: http://www.dcdesignhouse.com/. You can vote by clicking here.
- Congratulations to the Melting Pot Gaithersburg! Nation’s Restaurant News, a top industry trade publication, has ranked The Melting Pot No. 1 in the Casual-Dining category. Learn more about the Melting Pot at www.meltingpot.com or call 301-519-3638 to make your reservation for that special occasion or for Mother's Day today.
- Join the Gaithersburg Police Foundation on Tuesday, May 12 from 11:30 am - 11:00 pm at Dogfish Head Alehouse located at 800 West Diamond Avenue in Gaithersburg. Dogfish will be donating 15% of its proceeds to support the foundation.
- If you live or work in Montgomery County, pick up your camera, video recorder or smart phone and join in the fun on April 22, creating the ultimate crowd sourced virtual collage: "A Day in the Life of Montgomery County". Join with Montgomery Community Media, your neighbors and friends in filling a virtual time capsule of a day in your life and the people living or working with you. Then email the picture to pix@MyMCMedia.org. You can also Tweet your photos:@MyMCMedia with the #ditl.
- Ride On's Give and Ride community service program is happening now thru Saturday, April 25. Ride On passengers get a free trip by donating non-perishable food or children’s food items right on the bus.All donations go to Manna Food Center and area families.The number of hungry families in need continues to rise. Donations will support the Smart Sacks program, which helps local children and families on weekends and other times when school-sponsored meals are not available.
- The May/June Issue of Zag Magazine, the Gazette's new Lifestyle Magazine in Montgomery County is coming soon. You can read the current issue online at http://zagmagazine.com/. Space deadline is April 28th. Topics include: travel, must have products & more. Don’t miss this opportunity. Premium spots available . Discounts for multiple issues. Contact Colette Releford at 301-678-2618 or email@example.com for more information.
- Join Ruth Chris Steakhouse, 106 Crown Park Avenue in Gaithersburg, on April 30 as they toast to classic steak house dishes and classic American wine, featuring five courses paired with Caymus and the Wagner Family of Wine. For further details, click here.
- So you like to practice your golf swing? Well you will feel right at home on the range with the 2015 Worthington Manor Range Card. They’ve reintroduced the range card so you can enjoy hitting as many practice shots as you’d like. Think of it as the “bottomless range bucket.” Full details are at their 2015 Range Card page.
- Cartridge on Wheels, a past winner of the GGCC Small Business of the Year, is looking to hire one or more sales reps. Outside B2B sales. Sales experience desired but not essential. Customer service attitude is vital. Contact Bruce Kanner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GGCC Members Ben Piper and Brandon Shapiro of Commonwealth Consulting Group; Javelle Lane of Synack Consulting & David Hamerski of Shannon and Luchs Insurance will host a seminar on "PCI Compliance and Reducing the Risk of a Data Breach on April 28th from 8:00-9:00 am at Launch Workplaces. For more information and/or to register, click here.
- On Saturday, May 2 the Gaithersburg Police Department and other allied law enforcement agencies will give residents an opportunity to prevent prescription drug abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused and unwanted prescription drugs. Bring your unused medications for disposal to the Gaithersburg Police Station located at 14 Fulks Corner Avenue between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. No liquids or syringes will be accepted. The service is free, anonymous, and there will be no questions asked.
- Seneca Creek Community Church invites GGCC Members to the upcoming Leadercast 2015 on Friday, May 8, 9:00 am- 4:30 pm with doors opening at 8:30 am for registration. The Leadercast event is broadcast LIVE from Atlanta, GA. Some of this year’s speakers include: Rudy Giuliani - 107th Mayor of New York City; Ed Catmull - President of Pixar & Disney Animation Studios & CMDR Rorke Denver - Navy SEAL Commander & Author.More information: 301-355-6550 X 200 or leadercast.com/location/senecacreek.
- The 50+ Employment Expo: Retool, Recharge, Reinvent will be held on Monday, June 1 from 10:00 am–3:00 pm at the Marriott Bethesda North Hotel and Conference Center, 5701 Marinelli Road, Bethesda. Recruiters from dozens of employers, including non-profits, government, healthcare, retail, technology and more. To present or for more information or accommodations, e-mail mgordon@AccessJCA.org or 301-255-4209.
- Join Hospice Caring, Inc.for their "Raise Your Glass" wine tasting fundraiser on Saturday, April 25 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm at the home of The Honorable Jeffrey Slavin, Mayor of the Town of Somerset in Chevy Chase. For further details, click here.
- GRAMMY-nominated all-stars of the indie family music scene, Justin Roberts and the Not Ready for Naptime Players, will take the BlackRock Center for the Arts stage on Saturday, May 2 at 11:00 am. Roberts has won numerous national awards and received countless accolades for his albums and live performances. Tickets are $15. Purchase by phone 240.912.1058, or online at blackrockcenter.org.
- Join Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland’s (HFHMM) ReStore locations in Gaithersburg and Silver Spring to celebrate Earth Day Now thru April 22. Both locations will be hosting events and providing information about how you can help our environment. ReStore Gaithersburg will be partnering with local organizations such as Decorating Den, Eco City Junk and Catfish Studios to promote upcycling and recycling & has partnered with MOM’s Organic Market and Copper Canyon to provide refreshments. For further details visit www.ReStoreMetroMD.org.
- Rebuilding Together Montgomery County will engage more than 800 volunteers from businesses and leadership groups to uplift our local neighborhoods and provide free home repairs and modifications to low-income homeowners across the Montgomery County on April 25 and April 26. To view the home repair project sites taking place on this weekend throughout Montgomery County, click here.
- The annual Celebrate! Gaithersburg in Olde Towne street festival will be held on Sunday, June 14 from noon to 5:00 pm., and will include several stages of live entertainment, a variety of local food, and themed areas geared for all ages and interests. Businesses and organizations are invited to be part of the celebration through vendor and sponsorship opportunities. For further details, click here.
- July 4th is one of the most exciting times of the year in Montgomery Village. They go all out with live music, carnival games, arts and crafts, vendors, and a parade. Spaces fill up quickly, so register early to get a spot at the event. Contact Beto Benitez at 301-948-0110, ext. 2359 or email@example.com for more details. EVENT ORDER FORM