Come join us for the GGCC “Fall Cocktail Reception
” as we give THANKS
to you our members. This event is sponsored by Pinky & Pepe’s Grape Escape.
Enjoy wine, beer, networking and more. Toys for Tots Drive
: Please help support Toys for Tots!! Free for All with a donation of a "new / unwrapped" toy donation to Toys for Tots. We appreciate your support & kindness of this endeavor.
Tuesday, November 17
Where: Pinky and Pepe's Grape Escape, 223 Kentlands Blvd., Gaithersburg
Thursday, November 19
Membership Committee Meeting
Cost: GGCC Members Only
Where: GGCC Office, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, Gaithersburg
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
Small Business Saturday®: one of the biggest days of the year for your local small businesses! In 2010, American Express founded Small Business Saturday to help business owners with their most pressing need - getting more customers. Four years later, the day continues to rally shoppers nationwide to support local small businesses on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The GGCC is proud to support Small Business Saturday® and encourages you to "shop small, shop local"!
Thursday, December 3
Join us at our biggest bash of the year - "Celebrating 66 Years!"
Annual Celebration Dinner & Awards Ceremony
Cost: GGCC Member / Spouse / Guest Ticket Per Person: $100 (Early Bird until 11/2)
GGCC Member / Spouse / Guest Ticket Per Person: $125
SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE AT www,ggchamber.org
Where: Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, 2 Montgomery Village Avenue, Gaithersburg
Where: Boulevard Tavern, 311 Kentlands Blvd., Gaithersburg
Thursday, December 10
GGCC Holiday Open House
Cost: GGCC Members Only
Sponsored By: Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Where: GGCC Office, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, Gaithersburg
The GGCC will be holding a Membership Campaign October 1 through November 20, 2015
. We encourage YOU
to bring in AS MANY NEW MEMBERS AS YOU WANT
! Together we are stronger!
SPONSOR a NEW MEMBER to JOIN between October 1—November 20 and YOU will receive $50 CASH
. YEP, $50!
And the new member will receive a one-time $50 discount
on their MEMBERSHIP
dues when they JOIN the GGCC
during the campaign.
For additional information, contact Donna Rimple at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.840.1400 x17. And thank you in advance for your commitment to the GGCC!
Please help us Welcome our October 2015 New Members:
Covenant Life School
DNC Architects, Inc.
Nando's Peri Peri
Navy Federal Credit Union
Residence Inn Gaithersburg
Savory Gourmet Catering & Events
Waredaca Brewing Company
- Metropolitan Ballet Theatre (MBT) has announced the involvement of several local leaders and celebrities in its upcoming 27th annual production of The Nutcracker. These guests will each portray “Mother Ginger” in one or more performances of the traditional ballet. We are delighted to announce that our own Marilyn Balcombe will portray "Mother Ginger" on Saturday, December 5 at 12:00 & 4:00 pm & Friday, December 11 at 7:30 pm. All performances will be held at the Robert E. Parilla Performing Arts Center, on the campus of Montgomery College in Rockville. For more information visit www.mbtdance.org or call 301-762-1757.
- Montgomery College invites nonprofit caseworkers to spend a morning learning about short-term noncredit "career starter" programs at Montgomery College and a variety of resources that may be of assistance in working with clients in regard to career paths. The Nonprofit Resource Day is scheduled for Friday, December 4 from 9:30-11:30 am on the Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus (West), Health Center (HC) 222. Register online, click here.
- Blue Mash Golf Course is open on Thanksgiving Day. 8:30 am shotgun start. $69 to ride, $60 to walk. Included:18 hole greens fee, cart fee, & warm up range balls. Call the proshop with questions or to reserve an 8:30am spot (301)670-1966.
- Thanksgiving is just around the corner and Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is here to help make this your easiest, most enjoyable Turkey Day ever. Check out their Thanksgiving Meal Planner, click here for details.
- A lot has changed in the 11+ years Van Eperen and Company has been in business. And today, they're announcing some huge changes of their own. New name. New logo. New website. But even more than that, they've transformed into a completely new agency. Explore the new site, click here.
- Hayrides through the Christmas trees and marshmallow roasting at a bonfire. At the market, enjoy hot chocolate or hot apple cider, and browse the holiday shop. These are just a few things to enjoy at the Butler's Orchard Holiday Open House on November 21 & 22, 9:30 am - 5:30 pm. Free admission, no reservations required. Butler's is located at 22200 Davis Mill Road in Germantown.
- Make your reservations for Thanksgiving Brunch at the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg. Call 240.238.1103. Seating from 11:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- Fleet Feet Sports of Gaithersburg will host the Merry Mix & Mingle | Holiday Extravaganza on Friday, December 4th at 7:30 pm. This fun-filled holiday event will include fun events like a holiday cookie exchange, holiday shopping specials,gift wrapping and a ugly holiday sweater contest. And they have partnered with Nalley Fresh in the Kentlands to provide you with one of the first tastes of the new eatery. Tickets are $10 and 100% of the proceeds from this event will be donated to the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless. Tickets can be purchased in-store or online at www.fleetfeetgaithersburg.com.
- Join Asia Nine on Wednesday, November 18th between 5:00-7:00 pm and celebrate their one-year anniversary!. Enjoy $4 imported beer, $12 cocktail specials and complimentary appetizers. RSVP at email@example.com.
- Tickets to Metropolitan Ballet Theatre and Academy's 27th annual production of The Nutcracker are now available. Tickets start at $19. For further details and/or to purchase, visit: www.mbtdance.org.
- Launch Workplaces is now booking 2015 corporate galas & holiday parties. Rental is $100 per hour. Contact Mark McMahon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-232-3301 to reserve your spot today.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill is the perfect choice for festive holiday gatherings whether dining in or custom catering delivered right to your door. Place your catered holiday delivery order by December 1st 2015 to receive a 10% discount. Book your dine in holiday event today and for every $250 spent, receive $50 in dining credit on a future visit. For further information, contact Beth Sell, Catering Manager at 240-285-4572 or email@example.com.
- Honor and remember those who have touched our lives when you join Hospice Caring on Saturday, December 5 at the Hospice Caring Cottage for their Traditional Lighting of the Tree, Instrumental Music, Responsive Readings, and Reading of the Names. Hospice's Tree of Love - for a donation of $35 per name or three names for $100, your loved ones' names will be read aloud at the ceremony. Click here to donate. More information, contact Penny Gladhill at 301-990-8904 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union presents Small Business University with featured presenter Montgomery County Council Member Nancy Navarro on Thursday November 19 from 7:00-8:30 am at Montgomery Community Media, 7548 Standish Place in Rockville. This month's featured topic is Montgomery County's Small Business Assistance Program, Learning how to get the most out of what MoCo has to offer. For further details and/or to register, click here.
- The Rio's Holiday Tree Lighting on Friday, November 20 from 6-8:00 pm. Join them on the Lakefront Plaza (near Uncle Julio's and Joe's Crab Shack) as they kick-off the holiday season with their annual tree lighting celebration. Family-friendly events and activities including: meet Santa & Mrs. Claus; samples from restaurants and shops; strolling holiday entertainment; horse and carriage rides and giveaways and more. for more information, click here.
- The City of Gaithersburg Winter Lights Festival celebrates “20 Years of Enchantment” as it welcomes visitors for another spectacular season. The wondrous display of lights at Seneca Creek State Park will be open nightly November 27 through December 31, Sunday through Thursday from 6:00-9:00 pm, and Friday and Saturday from 6:00-10:00 pm. For complete details and admission rates for groups and large vehicles please call 301-258-6350 or visit www.gaithersburgmd.gov.
- Welcome the holidays with a traditional tree lighting ceremony, holiday music and a special visit from Santa at Gaithersburg’s Jingle Jubilee. The festivities take place at the City Hall Concert Pavilion in Olde Towne on Saturday, December 5 from 6:00-7:30 pm. The City Hall Concert Pavilion is located at 31 South Summit Avenue. For more information call 301-258-6350 or visit www.gaithersburgmd.gov.
- In October of 2016, Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland is leading a global village trip to build homes in Kavre, Nepal. They invite you to join their team in partnering with disaster-affected families as they begin their recovery of their lives and livelihoods in their communities.See full details of the trip, click here.