The GGCC will honor local heroes from Public Safety personnel of the Upcounty for their courageous, life-saving actions at the 20th Annual Public Safety Awards Breakfast. We invite you to come and join us as we honor these men, women and children who make our community a vibrant and safe place to live and do business.
For further details and/or to REGISTER, click here.
LET'S DO LUNCH!
Wednesday, July 29
11:30 am- 1:00 pm
Business Card Exchange Lunch: Copper Canyon Grill
Cost:: $20 for GGCC Member and First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members Pay $40
Special Presentation: Do You Know What Resources are at Your Local Library for Your Business?
Presented by: Angelica Rengifo, Gaithersburg Library
Where:Copper Canyon Grill, 100 Boardwalk Place, Gaithersburg
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
Friday, August 14
Cost:: $35 Members & Guests / $60 Non-Members /$550 Shining Silver Sponsor / $300 Table Sponsor
Where:Montgomery County Agricultural Center, Inc., 16 Chestnut Street, Harvest Building, Gaithersburg
NON-MEMBERS: FREE for First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $45
Where: Activity Center at Bohrer Park, 506 S Frederick Avenue, Gaithersburg
Where: Comus Inn, 23900 Old Hundred Road, Dickerson
Where: Worthington Manor, 8329 Fingerboard Road, Urbana
Thursday, September 17
Annual Chamber Picnic
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS: FREE (incl. in membership)
NON-MEMBERS: FREE for First-Time Non-Members.
Returning Non-Members pay $45
Where: Smokey Glen Farm Barbequers, Inc., 16407 Riffle Ford Road, Gaithersburg
We invite members of the chamber and the community to experience true Tuscan Culture departing on October 27, 2015.The GGCC will be offering a fully escorted tour of the region of Tuscany.
Highlights Include: Florence, Pisa & Lucca, Siena, Cinque Terre (optional), San Gimignano, Chianti Region and Montecatini. Inclusions: Round Trip Airfare, Airline Fuel Surcharges, Taxes and Fees, 7 Nights First Class Hotel, 10 Meals (7B, 3D), Sightseeing Per Itinerary, Admissions Per Itinerary, Professional Tour Manager, Baggage Handling and Hotel Transfers.
Cost per person is $2,899. For more information please contact the Chamber at (301)840-1400.
Welcome Our New Members: June 2015
A.B. Veirs & Sons Paving
7411-L Lindbergh Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879
301-670-3800 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Alta Liberty Mill Apartments
19520 Waters Road, Germantown, MD 20874
First Home Mortgage
20410 Century Boulevard, Suite 205, Germantown MD 20874
301-569-7425 / email@example.com
John C. Flood Inc.
4419 41st Street, Brentwood, MD 20722
301-779-0300 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Kiddie Academy of Gaithersburg
15895 Gaither Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
301-978-7468 / email@example.com
4 Professional Drive, Suite 138, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
301-869-6890 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Redport Information Assurance, Inc.
814 West Diamond Avenue, Suite 370, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
- Visit any of the 27 Montgomery County Giant Food stores on August 8th or 9th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and contribute to Manna Food Center's Back to School Smart Sacks Food Drive. Contribute a few items from their Smart Sacks Healthy Wish List while you are picking up groceries. Manna's Smart Sacks program provides food to more than 2,300 elementary school students and their families every Friday during the school year. Volunteers are still needed to help collect food at Montgomery County Giants. Click here for more information and/or to register.
- Congratulations to Barbara Reed, previously General Manager at the Hampton Inn & Suites Washington DC North – Gaithersburg and now General Manager at the Homewood Suites Washington DC North – Gaithersburg.
- LifeWork Strategies presents their July webinar - "Family Fitness" on Thursday July 30 from 2:00-3:00 pm. Get your family moving. Prioritize family fitness to improve the health of your loved ones and strengthen family bonds. In this training, you will learn ways to incorporate fitness activities that appeal to all members of your family. To register, click here.
- Righttime Medical Care is looking for some candidates for their Frederick and Montgomery County Care Centers. Visit them at their Job Fair at the Frederick Care Center in Market Square, across from Wegmans, 201-B Shorebird Street in Frederick on Tuesday, August 4, from 2:00-7:00 pm. We're looking for all clinical staff (certified MAs, LPNs and RNs), as well as Welcome Desk team members. For an onsite interview, please bring a resume with you.
- Bring the family to the RIO Washingtonian Center and experience the lakefront. Take a spin on The Carousel presented by Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center, ride the trackless train, or paddle around the lake on the paddleboats. There is an attraction for everyone. Click here for more information on the lakefront activities.
- July 29 is Food is Fuel: Nutrition Night at Fleet Feet Sports Gaithersburg from 5-7:00 pm. Hear from nutrition gurus and taste test products that will keep you going strong during training sessions. For more information, visit: www.fleetfeetgaithersburg.com.
- Eagle Bancorp, Inc. announced continued growth and record earnings, with assets exceeding $5.7 billion. For more information visit: www.eaglebankcorp.com.
- Join BlackRock Center for the Arts on August 22 between 10:00 am - 1:00 pm at their Open House. It will be a day of free fun for the whole family including sample arts classes, a scavenger hunt with the chance to win prizes, art exhibits and more. BlackRock is located at 12901 Town Commons Drive in Germantown.
- This week, July 27 through July 30, enjoy a Free Lunch with an 18-hole round of golf at Worthington Manor Golf Club. To receive a free lunch you must state promo code “Free Lunch” before paying for your round of golf. Some restrictions apply, visit their Free Lunch page for complete details and to schedule your tee time. this is a great opportunity to get familiar with the course you will play during our tournament on September 11th!!
- Blue Mash Golf Course, located at 5821 Olney-Laytonsville Road in Gaithersburg, will host a 2-Man Team Night Golf Tournament on Friday, July 31st at 8:30 pm. $59 adults, $34 for kids (under 18). For further details or to make your reservation, click here.
- The Montgomery County Agricultural Fair opens August 14th (through August 22nd)! Check out this preview video from Montgomery Community Media. click here. To plan your day(s), visit: http://mcagfair.com/.
- Metropolitan Ballet Theatre and Academy will host its Fall Open House on Sunday, August 16 from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm. Register for fall/winter classes in ballet, jazz, hip hop, tap, modern & more. For more information (including a list of sample classes you can try the day of), visit: and at www.mbtdance.org . They are located at 220 Perry Parkway in Gaithersburg.
- You are invited to Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union's Small Business University with featured presenter Glenn Garnes. Founder, Village Connector Community who will discuss "The Art of the Connection" - How to turn relationships into a lifetime of profits on Thursday, August 13 from 7:00-8:30 am at Montgomery Community Media. For further details and/or to register, click here.
- Congratulations Washington Spirit for another amazing win. The team is undefeated at home games. If you want to see this amazing professional team play at the Maryland SoccerPlex and cheer them on to win. Email: email@example.com. Hampton Inn & Suites Washington DC North - Gaithersburg are the very proud hotel partners for a second year running.