.GGCC Members are invited to join us on Thursday, October 22 at Corner Bakery and Meet the Candidates n light of the upcoming Gaithersburg City Election on Tuesday, November 3. This is a great opportunity for our members and local businesses to talk with the candidates about their concerns. The format will be opening remarks from candidates and then an opportunity to mix and mingle with them over a cup-o-joe.
Tuesday, October 20
Where: Corner Bakery Cafe, One Grand Corner Avenue, Gaithersburg
See all the upcoming events at: www.ggchamber.org/events
Wednesday, October 28
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Business Card Exchange Lunch
Cost: $20 for GGCC Members & First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $40
Where: Carrabba's Italian Grill, 19935 Century Boulevard, Germantown
Where: Executive Office Building Auditorium, 101 Monroe Street, Rockville
Where: Homewood Suites, 805 Russell Avenue, Gaithersburg
Tuesday, November 10
Business Networking Before Nine
Cost: GGCC MEMBERS: FREE (incl. in membership)
NON-MEMBERS: FREE for First-Time Non-Members. Returning Non-Members pay $45.
Where: Johns Hopkins University Montgomery County Campus, 9601 Medical Center Drive, Rockville
Where: Pinky and Pepe's Grape Escape, 223 Kentlands Blvd., Gaithersburg
Thursday, December 3
Join us at our biggest bash of the year - "Celebrating 66 Years!"
Annual Celebration Dinner & Awards Ceremony
Cost: GGCC Member / Spouse / Guest Ticket Per Person: $100 (Early Bird until 11/2)
GGCC Member / Spouse / Guest Ticket Per Person: $125
SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE AT www,ggchamber.org
Where: Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, 2 Montgomery Village Avenue, Gaithersburg
The GGCC will be holding a Membership Campaign October 1 through November 20, 2015
. We encourage YOU
to bring in AS MANY NEW MEMBERS AS YOU WANT
! Together we are stronger!
SPONSOR a NEW MEMBER to JOIN between October 1—November 20 and YOU will receive $50 CASH
. YEP, $50!
And the new member will receive a one-time $50 discount
on their MEMBERSHIP
dues when they JOIN the GGCC
during the campaign.
The best method of recruitment is still word of mouth
, so brag about the chamber and help us grow. Encourage them to make an investment
in their business & community!
The Chamber provides numerous services for members, including networking and professional development, an electricity discount program, free and low cost marketing, government affairs programs and advocacy to encourage a positive business climate in the Upcounty.
For additional information, contact Donna Rimple at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.840.1400 x17. And thank you in advance for your commitment to the GGCC!
2016 Corporate & Event Sponsorship Opportunities
Support the GGCC & increase visibility for your organization. There are a variety of sponsorship's available to our members.
2016 Opportunities Include:
Corporate Sponsor Program Exclusive package
Special Event Sponsor Package
Business Networking After Five
-$300 (plus cost of food & drinks)
Business Networking Before Nine
-$250 (plus cost of food & drinks)
Business Card Exchange Lunch
-Call for Details
Young Professional Group Title Sponsor -
Young Professional Group Happy Hour
Young Professionals Group Lunch & Learn
For more information call 301-840-1400 x 14 or email@example.com.
We invite you GET INVOLVED
and Maximize Your Chamber Membership
. One of the ways you can serve and connect is by serving on a committee. The chamber has several committees both regular and ones for special events.
Current chamber committees include the following
Membership, Events, Economic Development and Legislative.
Golf, Celebration Annual Celebration Dinner & Awards Ceremony, and Grow Your Business Seminar & Expo.
: This Member’s Group holds a monthly conversation and connection event. Each month they pick a different topic for discussion. They also hold quarterly luncheons open to members and guests.
: The young professional's is our newest specialty group. The group is designed for the 35 and under professional. They hold a variety of events including Happy Hours.
: Our direct connect groups are smaller networking groups. They are organized by industry type, business focus or location. Each group decides on its meeting schedule, format and topics. If we don’t have a group for you, maybe you can start one.
To learn about the committees
, click here. To discover when they meet visit the events calendar
on the chamber website. You can always feel free to visit one or all of the committees and see which is one is the best for you.
- Families from all over the area are invited to share traditional autumn activities and enjoy a country outing at Butler's Orchard's 35th Annual Pumpkin Festival. 2015 dates: Weekends in October, plus Columbus Day, October 12. For further details, click here.
- CONGRATS to Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. The J.D. Power 2015 U.S. Pharmacy StudySM recently ranked Wegmans the "Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Supermarket Pharmacies". Wegmans received the highest numerical score among supermarket pharmacies in the proprietary J.D. Power 2015 US. Pharmacy Study(SM). Study based on 14,914 total responses, and measures 11 supermarket pharmacies. Read more, click here.
- CONGRATULATIONS to Leah Morabito who was recently named Partner at Gimmel, Weiman, Ersek, Blomberg & Lewis, P.A. Leah has demonstrated tremendous levels of client service, teamwork and commitment to her clients. She is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association, the Bar Association of Montgomery County, the Women’s Bar Association of Maryland and Montgomery County, and the Academy of Special Needs Planners.
- It is time to roll up your sleeves for Montgomery County’s Community Service Week, scheduled for Oct. 16 – 22. Sign up to volunteer at the Montgomery County Volunteer Center website or call 240.777.2608.
- Join Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar on Saturday, Oct. 31 at their Halloween Bash and Costume Party. They’ll kick things off during happy hour from 4-7 p.m. Sip on $5 Mojitos, Margaritas and Sangria, or enjoy $2 off our signature cocktails, beer and wine. A DJ spinning the best music and Halloween tunes will keep the party going from 5-9 p.m. Take full advantage of the night by wearing your best and greatest getup because they’re hosting a costume contest and the first place winner will get a voucher for dinner and a rum tasting for four. Reservations can be made online or by calling us at (301) 330-4400.
- Spend the holidays relaxing with friends and family, not checking the kitchen timer. Book your private dining or catered event at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse by 11/1/15 and receive a $50 bonus card for every $500 you spend. For further details contact Susan Pendy at 301-990-1926.
- Tickets to Metropolitan Ballet Theatre and Academy's 27th annual production of The Nutcracker are now available. Tickets start at $19. For further details and/or to purchase, visit: www.mbtdance.org.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill is the perfect choice for festive holiday gatherings whether dining in or custom catering delivered right to your door. Place your catered holiday delivery order by December 1st 2015 to receive a 10% discount. Book your dine in holiday event today and for every $250 spent, receive $50 in dining credit on a future visit. For further information, contact Beth Sell, Catering Manager at 240-285-4572 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Honor and remember those who have touched our lives when you join Hospice Caring on Saturday, December 5 at the Hospice Caring Cottage for their Traditional Lighting of the Tree, Instrumental Music, Responsive Readings, and Reading of the Names. Hospice's Tree of Love - for a donation of $35 per name or three names for $100, your loved ones' names will be read aloud at the ceremony and an acknowledgement letter will be sent to a person of your choice. Names received by Wednesday, November 25 will be included in the printed program. Click here to donate. This event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Penny Gladhill at 301-990-8904 or email@example.com.
- Silver Spoon Kabobs is currently showcasing art work created by local artists. They let the artists price the art & frame the pieces as well. Silver Spoon trains their servers to tell customers about the artists and the art work; as well as post the pieces on their Facebook page. 100% of the profits are returned to the artists. Silver Spoon would like to get more locals involved and spread their talents! So if you know of any artists looking to showcase their work, contact Aysha at 301-990-6868. And if you are interested in purchasing a new piece for your office or home, stop by and see them and grab something to eat at 18530 Woodfield Road in Gaithersburg.
- The annual Barnesville Basement will be held on October 24 from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm and October 25 from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm at Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences. Barnesville School families and friends donate an entire gymnasium full of nearly new and gently used items including adult and children's clothing, gardening tools, furniture, books, toys, sports equipment, pet supplies, housewares and more. The Barnesville Basement sale takes place at The Barnesville School,21830 Peach Tree Road, Barnesville.
- Are you looking for educated, dependable, and skilled entry-level employees? The Corporate Volunteer Council of Montgomery County, Kaplan University, and Cornerstone Montgomery are a hosting a free job fair on Thursday, November 12th where you will find your next all-star employees. Please share this with your HR department or contact Sarah Burnett at the Corporate Volunteer Council at 240.292.9282 or firstname.lastname@example.org before October 23rd to learn more and secure your spot for this event.
- Montgomery County Councilmember's Craig Rice and Sidney Katz will host a Town Hall Meeting for the community on Wednesday, October 21 from 6:30-8:30 pm at Quince Orchard High School, 15800 Quince Orchard Road, Gaithersburg. Come and discuss what’s important to you and the community. Questions? Call 240-777-7955 / 240-777-7906 or email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.