2015 Packraft Roundup!!
We are very pleased to announce that the American Packrafting Association 2015 Packraft Roundup is happening July 12-14, 2015 on the North Fork of the Flathead River! The Roundup will take place at the group campsite at Big Creek Campground on the North Fork...same place that we used last year. The schedule is still evolving, but hereâ€™s a list of some of the things you can look forward to:
- Program begins Sunday evening, July 12th and runs through Tuesday, July 14th
- Packrafting opportunities of different levels of difficulty on the North Fork and surrounding streams
- Bike-rafting instruction and trip opportunities! We are lucky to have two of the bike-rafting-est people on the planet, Casey Greene and Steve Fassbinder, willing to lead clinics and bike-rafting floats.
- Family float! Yes, you are welcome to bring your kids with you to the Roundup and if you are interested, we will have a group family float.
- Group BBQ on Monday night, July 13th, organized by APA. Your registration fee for the Roundup includes this BBQ.
- Keynote Speaker - Rich Rudow! Rich Rudow has been using packrafts to link up technical canyons in Grand Canyon NP for as long as anyone. He has been instrumental in packraft policy in Grand Canyon NP. Rich has pushed the envelope of exploration in his pioneering of scores of technical canyoneering descents in Grand Canyon. He will be talking about all this and more in his Keynote address.
- Swiftwater Safety Institute is offering two packraft-specific swiftwater rescue and safety courses in the days prior to the Roundup. They are offering a 3-day â€œcompleteâ€ course from July 10-12, and a 1-day â€œcrash courseâ€ on July 12th. Space is limited. Click below for more details.
We hope to see you at the Roundup. Happy water trails!