Next Monday Nov. 10 Event:
What's Your Work Personality?
6:30 Checkin | 7:00 event start |
Nelson Mullins (201 17th St - 18th Floor)
Next Monday's event will feature Han Choi (top), Cindy Lynch (middle), and Rhonda Holloway (bottom).
Cindy and Rhonda are consultants with the Atlanta-based consulting firm SIX20 Partners. They have over 35 years of experience applying "people analytics" to increase productivity by helping individuals understand their work styles, and helping companies identify, recruit, build, and maximize teams. For more information about the power of analytics, click here.
Han Choi is the managing partner of Ballard Spahr's Atlanta office, one of the few APAs in that position nationwide. As both an attorney and manager with over 20 years of experience, he observes that "high quality legal work is a minimum expectation by clients and other lawyers.Thus, success in law firms depends on other factors including your work style.I am constantly trying to improve my communication and other qualities, so I know others can benefit from learning about their styles."
We hope this event will be informative as well as fun. Every participant will get a FREE Predictive Index analysis, the gold standard in the analytics business. This event will be particularly useful for law students, young lawyers, and managers.
Free for KABA-GA members; Suggested $10 donation for non-members.
How it works:
Take the Predictive Index test, linked below.
Come on November 10 to receive your full written analysis.
SIX20 Partners will help you read and interpret your PI results.
Important Note: Use referral code "KABA-GA" when taking this test. Please only take the test if you plan on attending the event on Nov. 10, as the written results will be available there.
- Thank you for paying your membership dues Eunice Kwon and Carol Lee (Sutherland)! Dues-paying members receive special benefits including discounted event prices, inclusion in the directory, highlights in the member spotlight and ability to publish announcements for free.
- The next KABA-GA Board Meeting is Nov. 20. If you have items of interest or concern, please email the KABA-GA President, Sun Choy.
- Board member Jonathan Yi has volunteered to host some study sessions for law students. If you are interested, please contact Jonathan.
- UC Irvine is conducting research and has asked participants to take a short survey here.
- Nov. 8. Korean-American Service Day. Join the Korean-American Coalition (KAC) for a day of service in coordination with groups nationwide. For more information, contact Mike Park.
- Nov. 6 - 9. NAPABA convention. If you are attending, please send us some pics and share your experience after.
- Dec. 5. GAPABA Holiday Party.
Sat. Nov. 8 is the Korean American Community Service Day where Koreans around the country volunteer. To browse events or get involved, visitthe website. KABA-GA Boardmember Jung Wook Lee has already committed to volunteering in the Atlanta area. Ms. Lee practices family and general law in Duluth, Georgia.
Why have you committed to participating in the first Korean American Community Service Day?
- I have committed to participate in the first Korean American Community Service Day to stay connected with my community and experience giving back with fellow Korean Americans.
What are you most looking forward to on November 8th?
- I am excited about meeting... people at the volunteer event and learning about my community.
What organization did you choose to volunteer with?
- I will be volunteering with the Gwinnett Community Alliance at their 5th Annual Gateway Festival where Gwinnett County celebrates its rich diversity and spotlight small local businesses. The event will be held with partnership with the City of Norcross specifically at Lillian Webb Park. I will be there to provide logistical support so that the event can run smoothly.
What do you hope KA Community Service Day will become one day?
- I hope the KA Community Service Day becomes a national movement where we can step out of our daily grind to connect with others.
Want someone featured in the membership spotlight? Email Hans Choe, Membership Chair.