Save the Date! KABA-GA Fall Get Together
Thursday, Sept. 18 || 6:30PM Morris Manning
FREE for KABA members || $5 for non-members
KABA-GA is turning 2 years old! Five reasons we hope to see you at our Fall Get Together next Thursday:
1. There will be friends, food, drinks (including alcohol), and cake, thanks to Alina Lee & Morris Manning!
2. The new KABA-GA Board Members want to meet you and hear your ideas for the organization.
3. We will be launching the annual KABA-GA Lunch Series with priority sign up for attendees of the Fall Get Together. The Lunch Series is a small lunch (6-8 people) that presents an intimate and friendly atmosphere for members to get to know and learn from each other. This year's line amazing line up, thanks to Sul Kim:
Sun Choy, Oct. 3, "Keys to becoming a successful litigation associate"
Steven Park, Oct. 16, "Tips to succeed at a big law firm"
Jung wook Lee, Oct. 10, "Tips for every stage of law practice"
Alina Lee, Oct. 18, Lunch + Golf Clinic
Michelle West, Oct. 24, "How to Transition from a law student into a lawyer"
4. We will be giving free color copies of the newly-made KABA-GA Official Directory. (It looks pretty amazing, thanks Jae Park!).
5. Because KABA-GA has survived for 2 years and during those 2 years, we've only become better, thanks to all of you!
Pictures from Aug. 28 Networking Panel
More pictures available on our FB page, thanks Bonnie Youn!
Please pay your dues so we can buy more cake (as well as a number of other items needed to run the organization). Dues-paying members receive special benefits including discounted event prices, inclusion in the directory, highlights in the member spotlight and ability to publish announcements for free.
IOLTA services. Looking for IOLTA services for your practice? SunTrust, via Song Keovongsak, has a great program available. More information here.
AALAC This American Votes campaign. Want to get more engaged? The Asian-American Legal Advocacy Center is giving grants for its "This American Votes" campaign. More information here.
Sept. 14 and 20: Pick your own pears. The Stack Farm in Tiger, GA cordially invites KABA-GA members to pick their own pears. Cost is $1 per pound. More information here.
Sept. 16: GAPABA Fast Pitch Networking, 6-8pm at Kilpatrick. Poster Here for more information.
Oct. 2-5: IAKL Conference. KALAGNY (Korean Bar Association of New York) will host the International Association of Korean Lawyers annual conference in New York from Oct. 2-5, 2014. For more information, visit their website or contact KALAGNY President, Kyun Yi.
Oct. 21: 2nd Annual Judicial Panel, 6pm at McKenna. This event will feature Judge Wong and other APA judges in the area, as well as State Representative BJ Pak.
Hyundai Autoever seeks a US attorney. Salary is 50M Korean Won and entails handling overseas contract and education for foreign workers. Email June Towery for more information.