Thank you to MMM for hosting; to Alina Lee, Anthony Ji, Sydney Hu, and the rest of the great programming and law school committee for organizing; and to June Towery, Sun Choy, Sul Kim, Jason Kang, and others for volunteering your time! More pictures on our FB page!
Member Spotlight: Jacqueline Givens
Ms. Jacqueline Givens is an attorney for Mando America Corporation. Her practice focuses on transactional work and includes an emphasis on environmental, employment and corporate law. Ms. Givens has been one of our most active KABA members!
Tell us about yourself.
1. Originally a Southern California native, I moved to Atlanta in 2011 so that my partner could pursue his career in the Southeast (he is a chef for the film and entertainment industry). Growing up in SoCal allowed me to experience incredibly diverse cultures â€“ not to mention the spectacular beaches! During undergrad I obtained a dual major in Spanish and Philosophy. Before practicing law, I was an educator.
How did you end up at Mando?
2. I began my practice by way of coincidence; the position was the first I held after graduating from law school. Fortunately, working in-house is a perfect fit for my personality. The position allows me to work hands-on to resolve the needs of the company while exposing me to numerous areas of law (employment, environmental, construction, contract, tort, etc. The list is truly endless).
What made you get involved in KABA GA?
3. After having been invited by colleagues to attend events hosted by KABA-GA, I found the organization to be unique in that it hosts events that are both enjoyable and relevant to the legal profession. I joined shortly thereafter and Iâ€™m grateful to be apart of such a dedicated group of legal professionals.
What do you enjoy outside of work?
4. I enjoy outdoor activities (hiking, running, swimming and walking my dogs). Iâ€™m an avid reader (non-fiction) and art aficionado (surrealism and post modern art).
We know Paul Nam probably makes you work 24/7. Theoretically, if you were able to take a vacation, where would you go?
5. My dream vacation would be to scuba dive in the Red Sea Coral Reef (an endangered coral reef containing some of the most ecologically diverse species in the world).
Announcements and Upcoming Events
Thank you for paying your dues Hyon Chol Lee! We appreciate your contribution. Members receive special benefits like reduced price tickets, ability to publish announcements for free, feature in the membership spotlight and directory, and others! To pay your dues, see links at the bottom of this newsletter. To check your membership status, email Hans Choe, membership committee chairman.
Upcoming Community Events
April 25 - MBLC Cookoff. The theme for this annual event is One Community: Many Flavors. For more information, click here.
May 6 - AAAJ (formerly AALAC) Embrace Fundraiser. This is an annual fundraiser full of food and good prizes. It will be hosted at Monday Night Brewing. For more information, click here.