EXERCISE OF THE MONTH!
Here are a series of exercises, progressing from both feet to one foot to increase load.
- Knee straight bias the gastrocnemius
- Knee bent biases the soleus
Start on both feet
Trying 3 sets of 15-20 reps of bent knee and the straight knee version
Do 3 times a week
As long as this does not aggravate the problem it can be made harder by:
1. Progressing to one foot with half the reps
2. Increasing the number of reps with the same load (body weight)
3. Decreasing reps but increasing load (wear a weighted rucksack for example)
CEASE EXERCISES AND SEEK ADVICE IF THIS SEEMS AGGRAVATING.
This information is not a substitute for professional assessment and exercise prescription. If you decide to progress any exercise, only do so in small increments.