It’s been a little over a month since ‘The Age of No Retirement?’ event, and six months since we identified the need for new thinking - in realising the value within society where people are living longer, healthier and more productively than ever before.
Over 2 days on 1-2 October at the OXO Bargehouse, 134 debaters and 380 audience participants, representing 214 organisations across all sectors of society, debated 27 provocations across 8 themes (download schedule here). Since that incredible inaugural event we have been hard at work analysing all the outputs – the ideas, insights and suggestions – and distilling them down into a coherent plan for action, and a MOVEMENT for change.
THE FINDINGS: 6 CORE ACTION AREAS & 27 PROJECT PROPOSALS
We found that all of the ideas and insights had a connection with at least one of six core action areas:
- Rethink: the generational divide
- Rethink: design for positive change
- Rethink: the language
- Rethink: storytelling
- Rethink: the focus on 'one life'
- Rethink: work & employability.
Under each of these action areas, 4 or 5 project proposals emerged. Together the 27 project proposals represent a clear recipe for action towards the effective rebalancing of society along age-neutral lines. For details of the action areas and project proposals, download the RETHINK-REWORK-ACT newspapers here.
WE NEED YOU!
‘The Age of No Retirement?’ is an enabler, a facilitator, a catalyst for positive social change. We want to bring together people and organisations across the UK to collaborate in delivering the 27 project proposals. Together we can make a difference.
- We need EVERYONE to share the ideas, support the project proposals, take action wherever you feel you can add most, tell positive stories.
- We need CHAMPIONS (organisations and individuals) to lead on delivery of project proposals.
- Visit our new website: www.ageofnoretirement.org and download the OXO Bargehouse SCHEDULE and the RETHINK-REWORK-ACT newspapers.
- Sign up for our newsletter.
- Email email@example.com if you want to get involved.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an inspiring story to share.
- Follow us on Twitter: @agenoretirement #ageofnoretirement.
Join the MOVEMENT!