The EU Water Innovation Conference 2019 is scheduled for Thursday, December 12 2019. The conference will take place in the Palacio de Congresos de Zaragoza, Spain, and will start at 10:00 am.
Aim – and what you can expect
To raise awareness about the need and urgency to improve water management across the European Union towards a water-smart society, take stock of key European Commission’s findings based on the 2019 Fitness Check of EU Water Law and of research and innovation results and outcomes, and promote exchange of best practices and innovative approaches at technical, governance and policy levels.
Participants can expect to:
- Hear the direction the European Commission is taking in its water, climate change and research and innovation policies;
- Learn the lessons of experienced water innovators in Europe;
- Gain insight into the regulatory and financial framework, partnerships and how to successfully establish innovation;
- Network with potential collaboration partners;
- Get to know the funding and financial instruments available.
A first draft of the agenda and the first speakers can be found here.
How to get involved
Those interested in participating in the EU Water Innovation Conference 2019 should:
- Save the date
- Register as a conference participant here.
- Reflect on and take action for organizing a side meeting on December 11. More details are provided here.
- Support promotion and news about the conference on Twitter using #EUWIC as the official conference hashtag.