The June 19 review is going to be the critical one. Jersey is keeping its policy under constant review with a major review due for July 1, just 5 days before the regatta.
Vaccine Passports. In addition to being a requirement in France, we are watching what may happen in terms of vaccine passports and whether that will influence the ability to transit in/out of the CI’s and the UK without PCR testing. In the meantime we would urge everyone where they can, to avail themselves of a vaccine if offered so that, if required, v-passports can be utilised.
We are not closing off any options and remain hopeful we will be able to run the regatta to Jersey and Paimpol as planned, although a final decision on this may have to wait until quite close to the regatta. If we can’t get to either Jersey or Paimpol, we have a raft of contingency plans to fall back on, including the ultimate fall-back of running the regatta in the Westcountry where we have options on going to Fowey, Plymouth, Falmouth and possibly Salcombe. Information on all our contingency plans was in our last newsletter and is also on the regatta website HERE.
In the meantime we will be sending out the entry forms towards the end of May. These will be based on the premise that we will be able to run the regatta to Jersey and Paimpol as published. Under our normal cancellation policy, there is the option to cancel up to two weeks before the event, and if we have to adopt one of the contingency sailing plans, there will be the option to pull out when the plan is announced, but we very much hope everyone will want to stick with us wherever we go. Whatever happens it will still be a great regatta!